PerkinElmer’s NexION® 5000 multi-quadrupole ICP-MS is the first one in its category to feature four quads. The instrument has been creatively developed to fulfill and transcend the challenging needs of ultra-trace elemental applications.
The instrument enhances ICP-MS performance more than conventional triple quad to offer remarkably low background equivalent concentrations (<1 ppt, even in hot plasma) and excellent detection limits. This is crucial to guarantee precise and repeatable results.
The NexION® 5000 offers excellent interference removal, matchless matrix tolerance and phenomenal stability.
Besides featuring four quads, the NexION® 5000 is also the dignified recipient of two first-place awards: The Analytical Scientist Innovation Award and the Wiley Analytical Science Award.
The NexION® 5000 ICP-MS is fitted with a wide range of new and proprietary technologies which together outshine the conventional triple-quad abilities and redefine users’ expectations:
- Four quadrupoles:
- First: Quadrupole Ion Deflector (Q0) directs ions to the entry of the first mass filter
- Second: Transmission Analyzer Quadrupole 1 (Q1, full-sized for <0.7 amu mass resolution) serve as an ion guide or as a mass filter to direct ions to the Quadrupole Universal Cell
- Third: Quadrupole Universal Cell (Q2), authorized by dynamic bandpass tuning, avoids side reactions with residual gases in the cell
- Fourth: Transmission Analyzer Quadrupole 2 (Q3, full-sized for <0.7 amu mass resolution), serves as a mass filter or as an ion guide to direct ions to the detector
- Extended Dynamic Range (EDR) helps increase the linear dynamic range to 1012, thereby enabling both high and low concentration analytes to be run in a single analytical run, leading to fewer re-runs
- Low maintenance for greater uptime:
- Triple Cone Interface with patent-pending OmniRing™ integrated with Quadrupole Ion Deflector offers no maintenance beyond cones, for constant operation and enhanced stability
- Free-running RF generator of 34 MHz provides a smooth user experience — the plasma is produced by the special LumiCoil™ RF load coil, which is air-cooled (does not need gas or water cooling) and so easy to use, thereby avoiding the need to replace plasma load coils
- Syngistix™ for ICP-MS software (v. 3.0 or higher) brings the power of the triple-quad ion optics collectively with an easy-to-use workflow in a modern user interface
- External status lighting offers simple visibility of the state of analysis, thus improving efficiencies
- Certified to be able to be upgraded to satisfy SEMI S2/S8 (emergency button), thus offering ease of combination in cleanroom facilities
Source: PerkinElmer Food Safety and Quality
|Product Brand Name