The Inframatic 9500 from PerkinElmer is the most advanced and accurate commercially available grain analyzer. PerkinElmer is the leading company when it comes to grain quality testing and has been making Near-Infrared (NIR) grain analyzers for the past three decades.
Being the latest Inframatic model, the Inframatic 9500 delivers the best possible accuracy. It is robust, reliable and designed to fulfill the demands of grain handling operations. It analyzes an extensive range of oilseeds and grains for oil, protein, moisture and various other parameters within 30 seconds.
Features and Benefits
- Rapid analysis — The short analysis time together with easy sample handling renders the Inframatic 9500 one of the fastest commercially available NIT analyzers for analyzing whole grain.
- Accuracy — The Inframatic 9500 has been developed with modern electronics and optical components of the highest precision. This ensures the most ideal data quality. The use of sophisticated chemometrics techniques offers unmatched accuracy. Reliable calibrations and stable scanning grating optics ensure that users get accurate results.
- User-friendly — Thanks to the wider color touchscreen and its intuitive menus, it is easy not just to run the instrument but also to read analysis results — even from a distance. PerkinElmer has engineered the user interface to make the analysis as fast and safe as possible. The operator needs to just select the type of grain to analyze and pour it into the funnel. The need for manual settings or changes is avoided.
- Reliability — The Inframatic 9500 features a robust construction together with sealed module construction of standardized components, thus ensuring long-term reliability and making the instrument almost maintenance-free.
- Transferability — The optics house has been designed out of a solid piece of metal, which ensures that all instruments are identical to each other. This makes calibrations fully transferable and enables all Inframatic 9500 units to deliver the same results for the same samples. Since NIST references are used for wavelength calibration, the instrument offers full traceability back to measurable standards.
- NIR networking — It is crucial to ensure complete control over the calibrations used in each instrument when grading grain, as well as to monitor performance almost in real-time. The use of Ethernet makes the administration of the network always accessible 24 hours a day irrespective of the location of the instruments. A huge number of Inframatics are operated in networks across the world.
The IM 9500 has obtained official approval for use in the grain trade in various countries:
- The United States — The IM 9500 is NTEP-approved for analyzing an extensive range of oilseeds and grains. The approval number is NTEP CC No. 13-112.
- Austria — The IM 9500 has been approved by BEV (Bundesamt für Eich- und Vermessungswesen) for moisture testing in commercial grain trading. The approval number is BEV 3904/2013.
- Germany — The instrument has obtained approval from the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt for official moisture analysis in the grain trade. The approval number is PTB 11.26/13.01.
- Australia — The IM 9500 has been approved for moisture testing and the approval number is NMI 15/1/5.
- France — The instrument has obtained approval for moisture testing and the approval number is LNE-27380.
- Czech Republic — The IM 9500 has been approved for moisture testing and the approval number is TCM 341/14 - 5203.
- Serbia — The instrument has obtained approval for moisture testing and the approval number is 393-7/0-01-906.
- The Inframatic 9500 can be readily used in networks, and a wide range of instruments are part of grain networks across the world. The NetPlus Remote networking software from PerkinElmer renders network administration easier than ever before.
- NetPlus Remote has been designed for networking and remote administration of networks of instruments. NetPlus Remote simplifies users’ tasks whether managing only a few instruments or a network of 100 instruments.
PerkinElmer also provides a web-based reporting software — NetPlus Reports — for instrument owners, which offers web-based access to analysis results.
Operation and Handling
Designed for use at grain receivals and grain labs, the Inframatic 9500 can withstand rough handling and harsh environments and has features that fulfill the demands of grain labs. It is also user-friendly.
The Inframatic 9500 helps perform analysis in three easy steps:
- The type of grain to analyze should be selected.
- The sample should be poured and “Analyze” should be pressed.
- Once the analysis is over, the results are shown on the screen, and the sample box can then be emptied.
The analysis is completed within 30 seconds, and the results are displayed on the wide display.
Users can adjust the angle and position of the display to suit their needs. The display can be moved left or right, up or down, back or forward to improve its position for the operator. It can be tilted right, left, up, or down to see the results from a position that is the most convenient.
Analyze Flour in IM 9500 NIR Instrument
- The IM 9500 NIR instrument uses the optional Flour Module to analyze flour for protein, moisture, ash and more.
- It performs fast and convenient flour analysis. For flour millers, this feature makes the IM 9500 a flexible analyzer to grade incoming wheat and monitor the milling process.
- The Flour Module includes a loading station and two cells. Users can simply fill a cell using the loading station to analyze flour, close it and insert it into the funnel of the IM 9500. The analysis results are shown on the screen within a few seconds. It is fast, easy to use and accurate.
Source: PerkinElmer Food Safety and Quality
||Wheat, Wheat flour, Barley, Corn, Soybeans and many other grains, oilseeds, and flours
||Moisture, Protein, Oil, Hectoliter weight/Test Weight (optional), Starch, Wet Gluten, Fiber, Ash (flour), and many others
||~25 s without HLW/TW
||400 ml (600 ml with specific weight module HLW/TW)
||Up to 20 per sample.
||Scanning grating, Transmittance
||PLS (Partial Least Squares), ANN (Artificial Neural Networks), HR (Honigs Regression), Classification
|Size (W x D x H)
||485 x 390 x 370 mm (485 x 390 x 510 mm with HLW/TW)
||34 kg (40 kg with HLW/TW)
||Ethernet, 4 USB ports
||12" LCD color touch screen
||Dust and humidity protected