The DA 6200™ from PerkinElmer is a state-of-the-art, portable NIR transmission instrument suitable for meat and olive processors. It is an economical analytical solution that renders regular analysis simpler than ever before.
Setting new standards for cutting-edge, portable NIR analysis, the DA 6200 makes it simple for processors to establish raw material compositions, enhance consistency and assure finished product quality.
The instrument offers accurate measurement results based on a large representative sample volume. The DA 6200 avoids chemicals expenditures or the use of consumables, thus ensuring minimal analysis cost.
Features and Benefits
The DA 6200 has set new standards for sophisticated, economical processes and quality control.
- User-friendly — The intuitive user interface and simple sample handling allow any person to confidently work with the DA 6200 and obtain accurate results.
- Compact and autonomous — The DA 6200 is an autonomous analyzer that is controlled with a built-in touch screen and built to have a compact footprint.
- Portable — Thanks to its lightweight design and an integrated battery, the DA 6200 analyzer can be easily carried and placed in various sampling positions. The analyzer can work on a single battery for up to 8 hours, thus enabling its use for measurements in the line without the need for an external power supply for a whole production shift.
- Robust and low cost of ownership — Users can perform analyses as often as needed. There are no associated chemical expenditures or consumables. The DA 6200 analyzer works based on robust Diode Array technology, without any moving parts in the spectrometer. The instrument includes an external check sample, which is an easy tool for regularly verifying the performance of the instrument.
- Ready-to-use calibrations — The DA 6200 features pre-set calibrations for olive and meat processing to offer results from the very first day. These calibrations were created jointly with various laboratories, processing plants and institutes. The calibrations are based on a huge variability in samples and the use of sophisticated ANN and PLS algorithms.
- Olive products — The DA 6200 helps improve yield and profit in olive milling. Operators can analyze both milled olives in paste form and olive pomace from the milling line in 30 seconds without the need to use any associated consumables or chemicals.
- Incoming olives can be analyzed for moisture and fat content to know the potential yield and to ensure fair payments.
- The moisture and fat content of olive pomace can be analyzed to improve extraction and prevent the wastage of valuable oil.
- Meat and meat products — The DA 6200 helps minimize costs and enhance quality while producing sausages, ground meats, mechanically separated poultry or other meat products. Any type of ground or homogenized meat samples can be analyzed for moisture, fat and protein content within 30 seconds. More parameters such as salt, collagen or ash are also available upon request.
- Incoming meat batches can be analyzed to ensure they fulfill minimum purchasing criteria. Compositional information can be used to improve their use.
- Lean meat give-away and out-of-specification products can be reduced by detecting the fat content while mixing.
- The quality of the finished product can be verified to make sure it is consistent and fulfills the expectations of customers. This brings down the dependency and cost of transferring samples to external laboratories.
Operation and Handling
The DA 6200 has been engineered for simple operation and sample handling. Sample cups can be filled easily and positioned in the measurement position with magnetic coupling. A touchscreen featuring an intuitive user interface allows any person to confidently run the DA 6200 and obtain accurate results. Measurements can also be started automatically.
Non-homogeneous samples — like olives, meats or finished meat samples — should be ground before they are analyzed. Homogenous samples like sausage fillers obtained from the mixer or olive pomace can be directly analyzed.
Source: PerkinElmer Food Safety and Quality
||Diode Array, transmittance
||ANN (Artificial Neural Networks), PLS (Partial Least Squares)
||30-60 seconds depending on product, 20 sub-measurements
||Up to 170 cm3
||850 – 1050 nm
|Size (W x D X H)
||200 X 225 X 300 mm
||5.7" color touch screen
||Up to 3 hours operation, 8 hours standby
||5 to 35 °C
||Ethernet, 2 USB ports