The Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA 8000) from PerkinElmer is inexpensive and versatile. The greater functionality, ingenious design and flexibility in operation make it perfect for advanced research and conventional testing in composites, polymers, the food industry and polymers.
PerkinElmer provides a five-year parts-only furnace warranty to its new instruments.
- The Humidity Generator and Controller is a flexible and powerful option that provides the capacity to enforce and accurately control relative humidity to the sample environment in the DMA 8000.
- PerkinElmer’s Material Pockets are a one-of-a-kind sample preparation tool specifically created to work with the DMA 8000. These ingenious pockets enable powdered or non-self-supported materials, like gels, powdered drugs, natural products like herbs, coffee, tea, etc., and low viscosity materials to be analyzed by the DMA.
- The standard furnace of the DMA 8000 is modeled with a quartz window, which enables the visual inspection of the sample and clamping system all throughout the experiment, without interfering with the temperature profile or other experimental conditions.
Features and Benefits
- The DMA 8000 encompasses a rotating analysis head, which is one of the most unique and beneficial features that can be directed through a full 180° for optimal analysis head configuration for almost any test type and sample geometry.
- The innovative lightweight analytical train integrated into the DMA 8000 has minimal compliance for increased performance.
- Apart from its operation in dynamic mode, the DMA 8000 allows operation in a “Constant force (TMA) mode” against time or temperature. Applications like softening and penetration, expansion coefficient, or extension or contraction in tension geometry offer valuable data equivalent to numerous commercial stand-alone TMA instruments.
- The DMA 8000 is equipped with an ultra-efficient cooling system. The instrument can cool to −190 °C in 15 minutes, using less than 1 L of liquid nitrogen and ensuring industry-leading performance.
- The DMA 8000 environmental fluid bath option is incorporated as an integral part of the analyzer. The accessory permits true immersion studies on a sample when the dynamic mechanical properties are measured.
Source: PerkinElmer Food Safety and Quality
||0 to 600 Hz