The Aquamatic 5200 Grain Moisture Meter from PerkinElmer is a second-generation 150 MHz Technology that helps ascertain the moisture and Hectoliter Weight/Test Weight in oilseeds and grains within 10 seconds.
Higher frequencies offer greater sample penetration while the upgraded UGMA delivers a more precise result irrespective of crop type or temperature. The optimized mechanism ensures enhanced repeatability. These collectively make the AM 5200 the most accurate and repeatable moisture meter/tester available in the market.
The AM 5200 can be used to analyze oilseeds, grains, pulses, lentils, seeds, beans and more to evaluate moisture, temperature and Test Weight/Hectoliter Weight.
Features and Benefits
- 10-second analysis — Time gain and limits cost
- Higher accuracy — Saves money by paying the correct price for the grain that users buy
- Touch screen operation — User-friendly with fewer mistakes
- Moisture and specific weight measurements — Time gain with one instrument for two measurements
- Measurement cell and PC board — The single-piece cast cell ascertains accurate measurements of volume/density by a thorough control of cell dimensions. The RF electronics constructed directly into the cell center divide avoids the need for cabling and prevents impedance matching problems over time caused by connector degradation.
- Solid foundation — The AM 5200 is all about quality. The AM 5200-A has been built with Delrin and heavy metal sheeting. The design quality prolongs instrument life and decreases damage potential while shipping and relocating. The instrument weighs around 45 lbs.
- Motor — The AM 5200-A features a single, high-quality motor. The simplicity of design results in longer instrument life and lower downtime.
- Superior temperature sensing — A continuous strip of copper (6.8 in2) establishes contact with numerous kernels to ensure accurate sample temperature measurement over a wide temperature range. The large area/low mass indicates quick response times when there is a huge discrepancy between room temperature and grain temperature, down to −40 °F, indicating greater accuracy and shorter analysis times.
- Lower cell door — The door uses a self-cleaning firm “snap action” close and is driven by gravity. The “snap action” has been engineered to eliminate any material build-up on the lower door. This feature ensures that the cell volume would not change due to dust build-up, which results in erroneous volume and weight measurements.
- Auto-analysis mode — The AM 5200-A, the second-generation instrument, showcases an optimized analysis procedure. Once the product is selected, the instrument automatically starts analyzing every time a sample is poured into the hopper. This optimization not only accelerates the process but also saves wear on the touchscreen.
- Sample strike-off — The sample strike-off is crucial to control the flow of product through the instrument. The instrument design reduces debris build-up. Grain is not sprayed all over the interior. The AM 5200-A employs three brushes to direct grain to the collection drawer.
The AM 5200-A features configurable data output applying RS-232 or USB connections. The plug-and-play functionality mirrors GAC© systems output for instant replacement into existing scale software, LIMS, etc. An optional printer is also available.
Source: PerkinElmer Food Safety and Quality
||Food and Agriculture