Anton Paar offers Ultra Nanoindentation Tester (UNHT3), a high resolution nanoindentation system with low thermal drift. The Ultra Nano Hardness Tester provides an accurate data of instruments when used according to ISO 14577 test methods. The nanoindentation system is based on the theory of using an axis of reference and an axis of measurement. Using this principle, an active referencing of the sample’s surface can be carried out.
The nano indentation method is called Depth-Sensing Indentation. During the instrumented indentation test, the technique helps monitor the penetration depth as a function of load. The accuracy of the applied force and penetration depth is vital for this method.
The product features of the Ultra Nanoindentation Tester (UNHT3) are:
- Active sample surface referencing: The reference can be removed, has load sensor and piezo actuator, and applies a controlled load on the surface sample.
- Two independent load and depth sensors with force feedback
- Thermal drift-free: The head is made of ZeroDur glass. The electronics system provides a drift rate of 1 ppm/°C
- Ultra high resolution and low noise floor
- Positionally synchronized with an optional Atomic Force Microscope and an optical video microscope
- Maximum load frame stiffness
- Conforms to ASTM E2546 and ISO 14577 standards
The optional equipment available for the Ultra Nanoindentation Tester (UNHT3) are:
- Acoustic damping enclosure
- Atomic Force Microscope
- High resolution camera
- High resolution sample stage
- Environmental or vacuum control enclosure