SurPASS™ 3 is capable of measuring the zeta potential over an extensive range of materials and allows the analysis of varied surface properties and their changes. The zeta potential explains the interaction between the surrounding liquid and the charged surface even under real-life conditions. This provides insights into the impact of production and environmental conditions due to, for example, stability towards wear and tear, biocompatibility, high-performance material, corrosion behavior and absorption and desorption behavior.
SurPASS™ 3 guarantees the measurement with the greatest sensitivity based on the unique “SurPASS principle”. By measuring the movement of a fluid in relation to the solid material, SurPASS™ 3 is capable of determining the streaming potential from which the zeta potential is calculated directly. The movement of the fluid is free of vibration, which promises highly precise results. SurPASS™ 3 integrates a proprietary method for liquid transport with a higher time resolution for gathering measuring data.
The compact design, the short measuring times and the high sensitivity of the zeta potential analysis make SurPASS™ 3 the perfect instrument for analyzing and characterizing solid surfaces.
The titration unit is completely integrated in the SurPASS™ 3 and allows automated monitoring of pH and concentration trends.
The SurPASS™ 3 software permits quick measurements and visualization of the surface charge without complex evaluations. It automatically achieves a number of tasks. One unique feature refers to the determination of the isoelectric point, which is an important characteristic parameter of materials, with just one mouse-click through the software.
SurPASS™ 3 gives insight into:
- The location of the isoelectric point (IEP), which is characteristic for each material
- The success of surface modification to produce materials with new properties
- The adsorption and desorption behavior of additives on the material surface
- The presence of particular functional groups on the material surface
- The surface charge when in contact with liquids of a defined composition (electrolytes)
- The influence of pH, changes in pH and ionic strength on the material surface
SurPASS™ 3 from Anton Paar does not need model surfaces and can thus be used rapidly and directly for the analysis of, for example,
- Polymer surfaces
- Cosmetics and detergents
- Membranes and hollow-fiber membranes
- Synthetic and natural fibers and textiles
The diverse measuring cells available allow measurement of all these samples with different sizes and geometries.