The QUADRASORB Gas Sorption Surface Area and Pore Size Analyzer allows users to run multiple independent samples synchronously at variable start times.
The flexible field upgrade paths provided by Anton Paar enable users to procure equipment depending on their current lab requirements, but with the flexibility of upgrading to micropore capability for low surface area analysis or upgrading analysis stations for optimized throughput at a future date.
Accurate B.E.T surface area measurements can be rapidly obtained with the standard evo™ version. High throughput industrial material characterization labs can analyze multiple samples at drastically improved speeds using the new B.E.T Quick Mode™.
Advanced material characterization can be performed with the micropore equipped version, which can measure extremely low surface area samples and microporous materials with the help of a 1torr low-pressure transducer and turbopump.
QUADRASORB-KR/MP for low surface area and micropore measurements features all of the functions of the standard model QUADRASORB in addition to low surface area measurement through Krypton adsorption or low-pressure micropore characterization.
It is equipped with low pressure (1torr) sensors and an oil-free turbomolecular vacuum system. It carries out Krypton gas sorption measurements to determine the very low surface area of powdered metals and pharmaceutical actives.
It delivers low-pressure adsorption data (as low as 4 x 10-5 P/Po) crucial for the comprehensive characterization of microporous materials, including activated carbons, zeolites, and molecular sieves.
The following are the key features of the new QUADRASORB Gas Sorption Surface Area and Pore Size Analyzer:
- BET QuickMode for industrial high throughput settings, saving time by up to 50%
- Bypasses most initialization, transducer zeroing sequences, and extended evacuation
- Can synchronously run multiple samples
- Can perform four sample runs within 25min
- Dedicated Po transducer and manifold allows continuous sample dosing during measurements:
- Po can be continually measured
- Po can be updated without stopping the measurement
- No slow down in analysis to measure Po
- Flexible Po Modes
- It is possible to estimate Po from ambient atmospheric pressure
- It is possible to enter Po as a fixed value
- It is possible to analytically measure Po
- New Dose Wizard™ flexibility
- Can use a previously measured sample as a dosing template for shortened analysis time
- Can be used with or without QuickMode™
- New hardware features
- Integrated insulated dewar covers included in lift mechanism to increase the life and insulate the dewars content
- Stainless steel gas paths including metal-metal seals for optimal vacuum performance
- New 1torr low-pressure transducer for Krypton and micropore measurements
- Soft closing protective door with pneumatic hinges for operator safety
- Smooth belt drive dewar lift for precise control of Anton Paar’s novel cold zone
The key benefits of the QUADRASORB Gas Sorption Surface Area and Pore Size Analyzer are listed below:
- RTD sensors at each station ascertain automatic control of coolant at a level, ensuring minimum cold zone and maximum sensitivity
- Automated, independent dewar elevators for each analysis station, plus self-adjusting dewar covers
- Two measurement techniques are available as options: Patented NOVA® helium-free method or classical helium void volume method.
- All stations can utilize 12mm, 9mm or 6mm glassware for maximum flexibility
- Long-life dewar flasks for measurements lasting up to 30h with liquid nitrogen
- Each of the four analysis ports includes separate and independent dewar (coolant flask) with Po (adsorbate saturated vapor pressure) measurement station, pressure transducer, and coolant level sensor for concurrent measurements yielding optimum flexibility and throughput
- It is possible to independently program each analysis with different analyses and measurement conditions
- Low maintenance, vacuum volumetric system with temperature monitored dosing manifold
- Quadrawin™ software ver 3.0+ is capable of operating up to 3 QUADRASORB units simultaneously, from a single PC
- Soft-close transparent blue cover gives protection to dewars and sample stations during analysis and allows users to access analysis stations easily as it opens vertically and automatically closes slowly
- Stainless steel dosing and sample manifolds with metal-to-metal (VCR) seals
- Communication port for PC control via Windows® based software
- Multiple gas dosing methods to improve analysis time and resolution
- Standard can modify dose pressure in accordance with sample demands intelligently
- Vector Dosing allows user-selectable dose volumes from 0.25 to 10cc per point
- Delta (volume) Max™ includes data points in regions of large uptake and therefore no missing of pore filling step
- Dose Wizard™ can be used with or without QuickMode™ enabled
This product is a former Quantachrome product. On February 9, 2018, Anton Paar acquired Quantachrome. Under the umbrella of the Anton Paar Group, the company will continue operations in Boynton Beach. Quantachrome is the first manufacturing facility in North America run by Anton Paar and will also function as a US-based unit for research, development, and production within the Anton Paar Group.