The EDAX Neptune analysis system combines EDS and WDS analytical methods on a single platform and offers the power and flexibility of EDS with the precision, resolution, and detection limits of WDS.
The techniques can be used separately or data can be combined to provide results that were not possible before. Together, both techniques expand X-ray microanalysis capabilities and provide solutions to complex analysis problems.
The EDS analysis provides all the tools required for simple qualitative analysis to sophisticated quantitative calculations. WDS scans complement EDS spectrum collection to allow precise quantitative and qualitative analysis.
In addition, the Neptune analysis system includes Octane Elite Silicon Drift Detectors (SDDs), with silicon nitride (Si3N4) windows for superior light element detection and low energy sensitivity. The SDDs offer high-speed data collection with excellent resolution and the highest throughput count rates on the market for the best possible analysis and increased productivity. For WDS, the Transition Element X-ray Spectrometer (TEXS) is available.
The main features of the EDAX Neptune analysis system are as follows:
- Designed for improved chemical analysis where accuracy and high resolution are needed
- Smart features ensure reliable data collection, analysis and reporting, irrespective of the experience level of the operation
- EXpert ID utilizes analytical intelligence to separate overlaps and expose small peaks
- Smart Phase Mapping automatically collects spectra, phase and elemental maps
- High energy resolution allows resolution of the most complex line overlaps
- Automated sample positioning allows ease of use and maximum signal intensity
- Comes with Octane Elite SDDs