Gatan’s CMOS camera, Rio™ is provided with remarkable resolution, ease of use and speed to transform electron microscopy.
The Rio CMOS camera will modernize the transmission in electron microscopy (TEM) across all applications. With Rio, users will no longer have to pick between resolution, field of view, speed and sensitivity, as all of it is available in it. Lens or tapered fiber optic coupled cameras lose most of the light coming from the scintillator. Rio’s recently optimized scintillator and 1:1 fiber optic coupling maximize light generation and collection. Rio is the clear new performance benchmark for scintillator cameras up to 200 kV operation.
- High resolution: 9 µm pixel, optimal for 30 – 200 kV operation
- High sensitivity: Newly enhanced scintillator and 1:1 fiber optic coupling. Gpixel CMOS sensor with 100% duty cycle and ultra-low readout noise
- High speed: Up to 20 4k x 4k resolution frames per second and 160 1 k x 1 k frames per second
- Large field of view: Up to 16 MP (4k x 4k)
- Easy to use: Gatan Microscopy Suite® technique panels for streamlined experimental interaction
- Flexible: Use Rio across numerous applications, including routine EM, 4D STEM, in-situ, HREM, diffraction and more
- Automatically compensate for column, holder or specimen drift when recording images
- All Rio cameras as a standard possess drift correction and full resolution image display at live frame rates
- Live, full resolution display: Eliminates yesterday’s need for separate view and acquire modes, and the full resolution information can be displayed in Fast-Fourier transforms in real time
High-resolution image of C. elegans stomach sample.
Live drift correction and full resolution image display on the Rio camera.