Gatan’s Monarc is a true next-generation cathodoluminescence (CL) detector, and one that provides new insight and clarity in the most demanding applications, especially within the fields of optoelectronics, nanophotonics and geosciences. This system uses an innovative optical design to boost sensitivity and spectral resolution as well as offers unique wavelength- and angle-resolved capabilities. By combining these features into a single detector, the Monarc allows for the most comprehensive CL analysis to date.
Fastest Time to the Best Data
- Gather hyperspectral data up to 30 times faster than other CL detectors
- Capture angle- and wavelength-resolved CL data concurrently
- Obtain CL data with unparalleled spatial (<10 nm), angular (1°) and wavelength (0.1 nm) resolutions
Effortless Operation for All Users
- Utilize the largest field of view in order to increase data throughput and simplify workflows for users
- Optics are permanently aligned, ensuring results are reproducible in both the short and long term
- Optimal results are ensured with recipe-driven operation and fully automated alignments
Most Accurate Correlation with Other Signals
- Uncompromising quality with full use of in-lens SEM detectors during CL measurements
- Multiple signals can be detected simultaneously and used to correlate images of physical properties and composition with CL data
Determine the emission polarization properties of deep sub-wavelength structures such as photonic crystals, nanocavities and optical nanoantenna.
Wavelength- and Angle-Resolved (WARCL)
Effortlessly visualize how matter and light interact across a range of viewing angles and wavelengths, all at full resolution. While this was previously impossible or highly impractical, it is now a routine practice with Monarc’s unique optical design.
Explore how light and matter interact below the optical diffraction limit. Monarc provides a 400x larger field of view than over CL detectors with practically no loss in resolution.