The Pegasus Analysis System from EDAX allows the instantaneous collection of electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) (crystallography) and energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) (chemistry) data, thus enabling direct correlation between the microstructural aspects and elemental content of the material being analyzed.
- Smart and easy to use
- Smooth EDS and EBSD characterization
- Smart camera
- Automatic enhancement of EBSD camera settings
- Smart background
- Intuitive background collection and processing
- Smart EXpert ID
- Automation of peak ID using analytical intelligence integrated with real-world examination methods
- Smart indexing
- Precise EBSD solutions through exclusive confidence index and triplet indexing values
- Smart data management
- Insightful and versatile data management ensures work sessions remain organized
Detectors and Cameras
The Pegasus Analysis System includes either the Octane Elect or the Octane Elite EDS Silicon Drift Detectors (SDDs) engineered to match core application requirements. Industry-leading electronics deliver exceptional efficiency and resolution spanning the complete range of count rates.
For EBSD, the available options are the Velocity™ and DigiView EBSD cameras. The Velocity™, driven by a CMOS sensor, provides high-speed EBSD mapping with maximum indexing performance on everyday materials. The DigiView is suitable for high-resolution examination.
The Pegasus Analysis System is the solution for the most challenging material characterization issues. By delivering both crystallographic and elemental results swiftly and easily, Pegasus allows users to focus their efforts on understanding their materials, instead of collecting data.