Pegasus is a renowned materials characterization system that combines elemental composition and crystallographic orientation information into a single, user-friendly package.
The intuitive APEXTM software combines the advanced analytics Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy–Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EDS–EBSD) routines to gather and present high-quality data in a fast, convenient and reliable manner.
APEX boosts user productivity and provides the ideal option for simultaneous EDS–EBSD microstructural analysis when used with EDAX detectors.
- To improve phase mapping and EBSD indexing, the ChI-ScanTM feature combines EDS compositional data with EBSD crystallographic data
- To handle high-tilt EBSD geometries, sophisticated EDS quantification with optimization is used
- Utilizes a fully integrated EDS–EBSD system to simultaneously collect structural and crystallographic information
EBSD Image Quality and IPF Orientation Map of an Al-Cu-Mg alloy were simultaneously collected then shown as a combined EDS–EBSD dataset.
Image Credit: EDAX
Features and Benefits
High Throughput 3D EDS–EBSD
- All EDS detectors use the highest transmissivity Si3N4 window to improve signal during low-dose and low-kV operation
- For the crystallographic indexing solution, the EBSD Confidence Index value gives a quantifiable quality evaluation
- The Octane Elite and Octane Elect EDS Detectors, as well as VelocityTM EBSD Detectors, provide the fastest acquisition of any integrated EDS–EBSD system
Direct Detection EBSD
- ClarityTM, the ultimate EBSD detector series, uses direct detection technology for unrivaled performance under low dose and low kV analytical settings.
EBSD Image Quality and IPF Orientation map of a nitrided surface of a steel sample where combined EDS–EBSD information was used to differentiate similar crystallographic phases.
Image Credit: EDAX
Both regular and complicated material characterization challenges can be solved using Pegasus Systems. Pegasus allows users to concentrate their efforts on understanding their materials instead of gathering data as it provides both elemental and crystallographic results in a fast and effortless manner.