EDAX has introduced TEAM™ Pegasus, an EDS and EBSD integrated system that provides the ease of TEAM™ with the Power of Orientation Imaging Microscropy (OIM™). The system provides seamless electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) and energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) characterization.
TEAM™ Pegasus includes either the Octane Elect or Octane Elite Silicon Drift Detectors (SDDs). The SDDs all have a silicon nitride (Si3N4) window, for superior light element detection and low energy sensitivity. They offer high-speed data collection with excellent resolution and the highest throughput count rates on the market for the best possible analysis and increased productivity.
TEAM™ Pegasus provides both elemental and crystallographic results quickly and easily, and allows users to focus their efforts on understanding their materials, rather than on collecting data.
The main features of the TEAM™ Pegasus are as follows:
- Smart and easy to use
- Smart Camera: Automatic optimization of EBSD camera settings
- Smart background: Intelligent background collection and processing
- Smart EXpert ID: Automation of peak ID utilizing analytical intelligence integrated with real world analysis techniques
- Smart indexing: Precise EBSD solutions via unique triplet indexing and confidence index values
- Smart data management: Flexible and intuitive data management keeps work sessions organized
- Available choices for EBSD include the Velocity™, Hikari Super, and DigiView EBSD cameras. The Velocity™, powered by a CMOS sensor, offers high-speed EBSD mapping with the highest indexing performance on real world materials. The Hikari Super provides the perfect mix of speed and sensitivity, while the DigiView is ideal for high-resolution analysis