The MiniVisc 3000 series (previously the SpectroVisc Q3000 Series) viscometers are the first truly portable, temperature-controlled, solvent-free, kinematic viscometers, delivering high-accuracy measurements for easy detection of viscosity differences caused due to contaminants, mix-up, and oil degradation. The devices were engineered to establish kinematic viscosity at 40 °C in the field for applications where instant results are vital for establishing the health of important equipment.
Features and Benefits
- Weighs below 1.8 kg (4 lbs.) - Made for remote locations, the SpectroVisc Q3000 series comprises of a hinged cover that guards the sample chamber and touch screen while being transported by hand, in a knapsack, or in a toolbox.
- Direct kinematic viscosity measurement - A measure of a liquid’s flow under the effect of gravity is available at a constant temperature, thus viscosity can be compared and trended with previous readings. Temperature measurement, density check, instrument pre-configuration or calculation is not needed.
- Temperature regulated: 40 °C ± 0.1 °C - Each sample is kept to a constant temperature for reliably accurate readings without more pre-test measurements
- Self-contained with high-resolution touch screen, microprocessor, and battery - Allows easy operation, in low light or sunlight, using up minimal power for six-hour battery life. Does not require a PC.
- Split-cell capillary channel - Using a tiny sample size; the sampling chamber regulates temperature while infrared sensors measure flow and trajectory, providing instant results.
- Small sample size - Small sample size of 60 µl (about four drops) is easy to achieve without affecting lubricant level. Helps to minimize waste.
- No cleaning solvent required - Removes apprehension about solvent disposal in remote locations. Not many items to carry.
- Works with opaque and transparent oils - Delivers accurate results for even the dirtiest samples.
- Battery driven - Stays charged for over six hours. Integral universal charger for use globally; region-specific power cable included.
The MiniVisc units match well with other portable oil analysis tools. They are all battery-driven and do not need any solvent to clean.
Viscometer/FerroCheck Combination Kit
A quick check with ferrous particle concentration and viscosity in the field is the easiest method to ensure oil is good and machine wear is within alarm parameters. Users can rapidly check ferrous particle concentration up to 1% with the FerroCheck 2000. It is a complementary device to the MiniVisc 3000 and together they offer standard oil analysis prerequisites for field service experts.
Fluidscan/Viscometer Combination Kit
Fluidscan and Viscometer combination offers complete oil condition to field service and lubricant service experts. Fluidscan-handheld InfraRed Oil Analyzer makes use of the InfraRed spectroscopy to test oil chemistry, including Oxidation, Sulfation, Nitrition, Total Base Number, Total Acid Number, and Water. The combination is deployed extensively in power generation plants, marine vessels, and mining sites.