Thermo Scientific* TRACE GC Ultra Gas Chromatograph is designed to be easily configured with up to two injectors and three detectors.
The Thermo Scientific TRACE GC Ultra multi-channel gas chromatograph was developed for the evolving requirements of modern laboratories. With the most complete range of proprietary inlets, sensitive detection systems, smart accessories, and ancillary devices, the Ultra platform features unique technologies that raise the standards of speed, sensitivity and separation in gas chromatography.
- Simple, rugged hardware
- Internal LAN interfacing capability
- Independently heated valve housing able to accommodate up to 4 heated/2 unheated gas valves, 8 pressure regulators, 8 needle valves, In/out ports, packed and capillary columns
- Range of Large Volume techniques overcomes sensitivity boundaries of conventional GC
- Linear heating rate up to 1200°C/min. reduces sample run times for crude oils, pesticides and hydrocarbons determination as well as food and flavor characterizations
- High temperature programming up to 20°C/s and fast cooling times of approximately one minute
- Precise retention time control
- Large Volume split/splitless technique using standard splitless injector extends sample injection volume of conventional GC methods without additional investment, training or revalidation of methods
- Supports range of injectors, including BEST PTV, cold on-column inlets and detector soltuions for conventional GC and GC/MS
- Provides in-series, staked or parallel configurations of up to three detectors featuring different selectivity
- Dedicated turnkey analyzers for chemical and petrochemical applications available
||Programmability: 7 Ramps/8 Plateaus
Temperature Range: Near ambient to 450°C
Maximum Temperature Ramp: 120°C/min
Typical Heat-up: from 50° to 450°C in 420 seconds
Typical Cool Down: 450° to 50°C in 250 seconds
Sub-ambient: -99°C with liquid N2, -55°C with CO2 options
SSL, Packed, Purged Packed
|Temperature Range: 50° to 400°C
Heating Rate: Up to 14.5°C/sec (870°C/min)
Programmability: 3 ramps/4 plateaus
Air-cooled down to few degrees above ambient temperature
Sub-ambient: -50°C with liquid N2 , -30°C with CO2 options
|Septumless injector. No heating of the injector is required.
Suitable for manual and automated operations. Cryogenic coolant not required.
|Large Volume Options
|Large Volume Options
Large Volume Cold On-column
|Up to 450µL injectable volume. Uncoret type desolvation precolumn. Heated Solvent Vapor Exit valve.
LVI software assistant for parameter optimization. Suitable for clean matrices.
|Large Volume B.E.S.T. PTV
||Up to 450µL injection volume. Heated Solvent Split valve. Compatible with optional Backflush kit for PTV.
Suitable for large volatility range samples in dirty matrices.
|Large Volume Splitless
||Up to 50µL injection volume. Compatible with manual or automated injections.
Suitable for samples amenable to split-splitless injector.
|Digital (250 and 1000kPa)
||Ambient Temperature and Pressure compensation. Gas saver. Assisted Leak Check Evaluation. Pressure surge.
Proprietary Algorithm for Column Characterization (Linear velocity and Void Time calculation)
||Flame Ionization Detector: 2 x 10-12gC/sec
Thermal Conductivity Detector: 600pg Ethane/mL He
Electron Capture Detector: <10fg of Lindane
Nitrogen Phosphorus Detector: 5 x 10-14gN/s and 2 x 10-14gP/s
Flame Photometric Detector: 1 x 100-13gP/s and 104 (P), 5 x 10-12gS/s (Malathion)
Photo Ionization Detector: 1 x 10-12g of Benzene, 1.3 x 10-12g of Toluene
Pulsed Discharge Detector: Low pg range
||Flame Ionization Detector: Better than 10c
Thermal Conductivity Detector: 106
Electron Capture Detector: Better than 104
Nitrogen Phosphorus Detector: Better than 104
Flame Photometric Detector: 103 (S) after linearization with suitable software
Photo Ionization Detector: Better than 10c
Pulsed Discharge Detector: 10c
|Selectivity or Additional Features
||Flame Ionization Detector: Flameout detection and timed programming capability. Acquisition rate 300Hz
Thermal Conductivity Detector: Automated software switch function
Electron Capture Detector: 63Ni source, micro cell volume design
Nitrogen Phosphorus Detector: N/C = 10c:1; P/C = 2 x 10c:1
Flame Photometric Detector: P/C=106:1; S/C=10c:1, Dual flame photometric capability
Photo Ionization Detector: Lamp cooling system for temperatures up to 400°C
Pulsed Discharge Detector: Non radioactive source