The MCA-8000D is a digital full-featured digital multichannel analyzer that can be used for a wide range of detector systems. The easy to use 'Pocket MCA' can fit in a shirt pocket. The MCA8000D is a sophisticated high performance, compact digital multichannel analyzer. It is a replacement for the MCA 8000A offering the same functionality with low dead time, modern communication interface and high data transfer rates.
The key features of the MCA 8000D are:
- Compatible with conventional analog pulse shaping MCA and MCS modes
- High speed ADC (100 MHz, 16 bit) with digital pulse height measurement 8k data channels
- Minimum pulse peaking time 500 ns (200 ns shaping) and conversion time 10 ns
- Sliding-scale linearization - differential nonlinearity <±0.6%, integral nonlinearity <±0.02%.
- Two peak detection modes with first peak after the threshold (nuclear spectroscopy), absolute peak after the threshold (particle counter calibration in clean rooms)
- Two TTL compatible gates for coincidence and anticoincidence, USB, RS-232, and Ethernet communication interfaces