OMEGA’s MPS40 automatic melting point tester with touch screen display utilizes the latest technology in digital imaging to precisely detect the melting point of up to 3 samples concurrently.
The apparatus includes a 145mm (5.7") color VGA display where users can watch the melt in real time, or automatically save the melt video as an AVI file on the unit or via a PC to review it later.
The tester is fully programmable through the touch screen display. Users can set the plateau temperature and choose the ramp rate from 0.1 to 10°C (0.2 to 18°F) in 0.1°C (0.2°F) increments.
The system can also be operated in rapid melt mode where a quick scan of the full temperature range is done to provide an estimated melt temperature, and after that a method will be programmed automatically with the proper plateau temperature to enable a more accurate measurement.
The main features of the MPS40 automatic melting point tester are:
- Includes a 145mm (5.7") color VGA display
- Fully programmable through touch screen display
- Uses latest technology in digital imaging
- Maximum temperature 400°C (752°F)
- Integrated cooling 350 to 50°C (662 to 122°F) in 10 minutes
- Innovative split design concept
- Can be used in rapid melt mode
- Melt side can be separated, allowing for maximum in footprint flexibility
- Stores up to 200 result files with videos
- Data can be easily transferred from the unit to a flash memory drive or PC using USB connectors
- Slots to accommodate pre-prepared samples
- Includes draw to accommodate unused melting point tubes
- Handy glass cutter in the draw helps customers to accurately cut tubes in half
- NIST calibration certificate displays individual serial numbers