Coherent's TR-PROBE is a compact, robust THz-Raman® probe, which enables process or in-situ reaction monitoring. It is possible to configure the TR-PROBE with a number of immersion or contact probe tips, tablet holder, a convenient vial holder, or a steerable collimated beam.
The entire range of THz-Raman® Series platforms are ultra-compact and easy to connect via fiber to about any spectrometer or Raman system.
Coherent's patented SureBlock™ ultra-narrow-band volume holographic grating (VHG) filters specifically block only the Rayleigh excitation with >OD8 attenuation, thus allowing simultaneous trapping of both Stokes and anti-Stokes signals.
A high-power, wavelength-stabilized, ASE-free single-frequency laser source is exactly matched to the filters to guarantee maximum throughput and excellent attenuation of the excitation source.
Download the brochure for more information
Extending the Fingerprint Range of Raman
Coherent's patented THz-Raman® Spectroscopy Systems enable the range of traditional Raman spectroscopy to be expanded into the terahertz/low-frequency regime, thus exploring the same range of energy transitions as terahertz spectroscopy, without restricting the capability to measure the fingerprint region.
This region reveals a unique “structural fingerprint” to complement the traditional “chemical fingerprint” of Raman, thereby enabling simultaneous analysis of both molecular structure and chemical composition in one instrument for advanced materials characterization.
It enables precise real-time differentiation of a material’s structural attributes, which, in turn, enables accurate identification and analysis of raw material sources, polymorphs, crystal formation, defects and contamination, phase monitoring and synthesis techniques.
Measurement of composition and structural analysis at the same time and in real time eliminates the need for numerous samples and instruments, reducing capital, training and maintenance costs.
The main benefits of the THz-Raman® Series platforms are listed below:
- Compact and easy to use
- Very fast, complete and reliable measurements
- Higher SNR with inbuilt calibration reference
- Real-time structural monitoring and chemical analysis
- Can be adapted with any currently available Raman systems
- One Raman measurement provides both chemical composition and molecular structure
The main features of THz-Raman® Series platforms are given below:
- Simple optical in/out switch moves the system from optical path when not operational
- Compatible with Nikon, Zeiss, Olympus, Leica microscopes
- Quick collection of THz-Raman® spectra from 5cm-1 - >3000cm-1 (150GHz- 90THz)
- Fiber coupling enables easy interface to a broad range of spectrometers
- It can be offered as a full custom configured system
The THz-Raman® Series platforms are applied in the following areas:
- Crystallization and reaction monitoring
- Polymorph identification and analysis
- Trace detection and source attribution of drugs/explosives/hazmat
- Structural studies of photovoltaics, nano- and bio-materials, and semiconductors
Ondax TR-PROBE Sample Interface Accessories
A variety of sample interface accessories enable the TR-PROBE to be easily configured to match a broad range of applications. The Vial/Cuvette Sample Holder incorporates
an adjustable steering mirror, interchangeable focusing lens, and safety shutter.
The Steerable Collimated Beam Mount allows for projection and steering of the collimated output beam with precision alignment, for applications requiring long-range collection paths.
Immersion or Contact probe tips may be mounted with an adjustable tip/tilt probe mount, for longer probes that may need alignment.
Contact probe tips are also available with a fixed SwageLok mount.