The EKOHEAT induction heating systems for the 2 to 6 kHz range from Ambrell deliver dependable and repeatable solutions for heating larger parts or heating with large coils. Among the numerous typical applications are heating parts that require deeper heat penetration, preheating for forging of steel, copper, aluminum, or brass, heat treating of steels, and melting in crucibles.
With the versatile EKOHEAT power control system, users get fast tuning, power control within 0.2% resolution, efficient and precise heating of parts, and a user-friendly, easy-to-read front panel. Remote control is achieved with 0-10 V, 4-20 mA inputs, 24 V controls, RS485 serial port, and remote E-Stop input so integration with the automated production lines is simple.
The EKOHEAT technology enhances return on investment by decreasing energy usage compared to gas-fired and resistive heating methods. Flameless, non-contact induction heating lowers energy waste by directing energy solely on the part and zone to be heated. With highly efficient power conversion and a power factor greater than 0.9, utility demand charges are decreased, bringing down monthly energy bills. The EKOHEAT VPA systems are engineered on a host/client principle so users can add extra power in case their process requires it in the future.
A separate cabinet houses the resonating capacitor bank, available in many different sizes to match customer-specific applications. This workhead may be positioned up to 30 m from the power supply.
The 2 to 6 kHz systems have extra reserve current capability for heating steels through Curie.
Alternatively, the resonating capacitor can be mounted in an additional bay to locate it with the power supply.
This is a water-cooled system, needing connection to a heat exchanger or other ways of dissipating heat.
- Efficient heating of many part geometries, compositions, and sizes
- Multiple tap transformer configurations
- Multiple capacitor configurations
- Voltage or power control
- Through-Curie heating
- Repeatable, consistent heating, agile frequency tuning
- Movable workhead; up to 30 m (100')
- Remote operation or logging with RS485 port
- Sub-second to continuous cycle times
- Accepts international AC line voltages
Easy to Use
- User-friendly operator front panel controls
- 10 ten-step heating profiles
- System diagnostics displayed on front panel
- Cycle timer, peak and short-cycle data capture
- Overload-tolerant output management
- Seven-language display suite (EN, DE, ES, IT, PT, FR, PL)
The EKOHEAT is CE marked and manufactured at Ambrell’s IS0 9001:2008 certified facility.
|RF Terminal Power (continuous)
|AC Line Power
||2 – 6
|AC Line Voltage
||360 - 520
|AC Line Protection1
||LCD Monochrome, 240 w x 128 h Pixels
||RS485 standard (RS485/232 converter optional)
||0.01 - 10000
|Max Ambient Temp
||CE EN61010 EN55011
||IP54, NEMA 12
|Power Unit Dimensions
||914 x 848 x 1956 (36 x 33 x 77)
||WxDxH mm (in)
|Pressure Differential (Range)
||2.8 - 5.51 (40 - 80)
|Maximum Input Pressure
|Max Water Temp
1) Fast-acting fuses
2) Suitable for incorporation into equipment for compliance with Machinery Directive
3) Power supply; required workhead coil flow requirements vary by application
4) Assumes 70% coil losses
Options and Accessories
The EKOHEAT has a front panel programmable controller for monitoring, diagnostics, timer and power-level control, and system configuration. It is possible to configure up to 10 ten-step heating profiles to regulate power levels over one’s specified timing requirements.
- Multi-workhead controller
- Cooling systems
- Auto-tap selection
- Front E-stop with retransmission
- Pendant station
- Start-up assistance
- Redundant safety relays
- Broadband frequency range (2-15 kHz)
- External controller (PLC)
- eVIEW serial data reporting
- Extended workhead cable lengths
- Complete spare parts kits
- Optical pyrometer (closed-loop temperature control)