The AssemblyLine systems from ficonTEC are high-precision, alignment and assembly machine solutions. They are designed for automated manufacture (align-and-attach) of photonic components. They uniquely combine fast-active alignment and flexible attachment configurations, with a proven software control interface, enclosed in an industry-standard design.
Optional modules can be added to the base configuration to provide more features, and the high-end versions provide optical test modules, wafer processing capability, and automatic tool changing.
New, advanced in-line assembly systems from ficonTEC include a redesigned platform (800, 1200, and 1600). They are provided in specific in-line configurations for insertion into current production lines, and as a versatile and separate stand-alone production cell.
Additionally, they can be supplied as task-enhanced production segments that consist of different uniquely configured systems. It is feasible to visualize even complete production lines.
ficonTEC’s Process Control Master (PCM) is a process-driven, easy-to-use application software and control interface that is provided with complete multi-machine configurations and all turnkey systems.
PCM combines a smart UI with all machine vision, high-resolution positioning, and system management procedures required for dependable and repeatable running of active/passive alignment and attachment/bonding process hardware.
It is also already totally supported for automated electro-optical test and characterization operations. It can also manage and track single lines, and even sync parallel lines remotely.
- 100% automated photonic device assembly
- High-accuracy AutoAlign multi-axis motion
- Configurable closed-loop fast-active alignment
- Epoxy dispensing, curing, and shrinkage control
- Numerous chip and wafer handling options
Standard Tasks and Applications
- Thermal or UV curing
- Chip-to-package assembly
- Active VBG spectral tuning
- Fiber/FAC/SAC align-and-attach
- Precision adhesive dispensing
- Active mirror align-and-attach
- PICs, silicon photonics
- HPLD module assembly
- Hybrid integrated photonics
Modular, Flexible, and (Re-)Configurable
- Operate, track, and sync parallel lines remotely
- FAB and HVM-ready: scalable and parallelizable
- Modern feed In/Out options
- Daisy-chain multiple systems for production divisions
- Add and/or swap units for repurposing and reconfiguration
- Single systems slot into current production lines