The Nano-inXider from Xenocs has been designed to characterize nanostructured materials and integrates excellent performance with splendid user experience in a lab-friendly form factor.
Helps Expedite Research
The Nano-inXider offers researchers an understanding of the nanostructure of their samples whether in the form of gel, powder, solid, liquid, or thin-film with least sample preparation. The system employs Xenocs XSACT software to offer the main structural parameters in a smart workflow.
Listed below are some applications examples of the Nano-inXider system:
- Particle size distribution, varying from a few nanometers to more than 250 nm
- Orientation analysis of fibers or thin films
- Crystallization rates and lamellar structure of semi-crystalline polymers at the time of studies associated with stress or temperature
- Nanostructure of biomaterials, for instance, surfactants, proteins in solutions, and hydrogels
- Mesophase investigation of self-assembled materials, such as liquid crystals, block copolymers, and nano-drug delivery systems
Smart Nanoscale Characterization
The Nano-inXider can help researchers focus on their sample and data interpretation, as well as obtain valuable data from their samples through high-quality small-angle and wide-angle X-ray scattering measurements (SAXS/WAXS) at a low cost of ownership.
- Accurate and high dynamic range measurements are enabled over large length scales.
- The treatment workflow and automatic data acquisition enable rapid sample results.
- The vertical dual detector design offers simultaneous data from atomic-scale to nano-scale, which is highly useful for dynamic studies or to confirm theories on sample structure.
Key Features and Benefits
The Nano-inXider incorporates vital technologies for sophisticated characterization of materials, such as the following:
- Patented scatterless motorized collimation is offered for intuitive change of resolution
- High-brightness, low-maintenance source is provided with patented optics for both anisotropic and isotropic samples
- In-vacuum windowless 2D hybrid pixel photon counting (HPC) detectors
- Beamstop-free data acquisition for accurate absolute intensities
- All in-vacuum vertical design with a long sample-to-detector distance is provided for large characteristic dimensions
- Xenocs XSACT data analysis offers robust algorithms and smart user experience
- SMART automatic workflow data acquisition and treatment
With the help of the Nano-inXider, researchers can quickly obtain data related to the nanostructure of their samples along with atomic-scale information to speed up their research or process developments. Following are examples of the field of research:
- Structural biology
- Colloids and nanoparticles
- Oil and gas
- Food science
- Polymer research
- Renewable energy
- Consumer care and cosmetics
For more information, customers can visit Xenocs website.
The Nano-inXider is the tool we needed to complement our existing characterization facilities. It is very easy to use and versatile. The ability to collect the WAXS data simultaneously with the SAXS data is certainly an advantage. The modular features of the instrument allow us to study a wide range of samples, which is a real advantage for multiple users coming with various needs.
Professor Lam Yeng Ming, School of Materials Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore