Compared with traditional optical comparators, our VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are competitively priced and offer numerous benefits. Our VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators:
- Produce a very high contrast image with very sharp edge profiles so that there is no problem viewing it in full daylight
- Are much more accurate
- Allow the user to be much more productive and get more work done with a single machine
- Have "Auto Pass/Fail"
- Can compute and display the part's deviation from nominal and compare it to bi-directional tolerances
- Work directly with the CAD data so that no overlays / templates / Mylars™ are required
- Can be used to collect images (either with or without the CAD data overlay and with or without annotations), measurements and data.
- Can also carry out fully automated measurements (like a video CMM)
- Can automatically send measurements, statistics and data to Excel™ or other external applications
- Have a smaller footprint and use less floor space
- Can be moved much more easily and without requiring re-calibration (i.e. "rolling cart" configuration is standard)
- Have a much greater optical depth of field, i.e. (everything is in focus all at once)
- Have a longer optical working distance (i.e. more clearance between the part and the lens)
- Allow you to compare a part to its CAD data beyond the optical field-of-view! (because the CAD data tracks the part and follows the stage motion)
- Have LED illumination for very stable illumination over a 10 year life. No more bulbs to change!
Thanks to their advanced patent pending technology, VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators are much faster, much more accurate and easier to use than traditional optical comparators.
And while traditional optical comparators require an overlay (i.e. a template or transparency), with the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator everything is done electronically so that there are no more templates! You will never again have to buy, print, calibrate, verify, identify, trace, manage, and physically store & retrieve another template. No more template-related costs, delays or errors. The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator works directly with your CAD data.