The Downflow Booths, available from Hosokawa Micron, protect operators from hazardous, toxic, harmful or sensitizing dusts and vapors produced during material handling processes.
They provide a safe working area for operators during material handling, dispensing and charging, sampling, offloading sub-division from solvents or powders, drum loading and un-loading processes. These ergonomically designed booths can also be integrated with packing or processing equipment.
The Downflow Booths use HEPA filtered air to draw contaminated air downwards, away from the operator’s breathing zone and create a clean processing zone by reducing the risk of cross contamination from other products and processes. They offer a safer and user-friendly option compared to the wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and enable different operations to be performed without using PPE.
There are two main design options available depending on the applications. The recirculatory booths are normally used for handling dry powder and attain a filtration performance of 99.995% @MPPS. The single pass, once-through booths are generally used in applications where solvent vapors or fumes are expected.
The Hosokawa Downflow Booths have the capacity to achieve operator exposure levels (OEL) as low as < 100µg/m3 (task duration). This can be further imnptoved with the use of flexible or rigid high containment screens to 10µg/m3 (task duration).
The 5D articulated containment screens provide a variety of movements to help operators handle movements with ease and minimum restriction. Flexible and rigid transparent materials are included as optional materials for screen construction.
- Achieve OELs between 50 and 100µg/m3 TWA/Task Duration
- Use containment screens to achieve lower levels of containment
- Offer a safe working zone
- Wide range of standard and bespoke booth options to suit customer requirements
- Offer protection for operators and products
- 5D articulated containment screens
- Clean air technology
- Barrier screen protection
- Ergonomic design
- Fine chemical
- Metal finishing
- Offered in fully constructed powder coated steel, 304/316L stainless steel or a mixture of both or a compound ‘clean room panel’ material of firm polyurethane foam core between metal faced panels.
- In an open fronted design, the booth offers unrestricted access.
- Flexibility in design allows a broad range of container types ie. IBCs etc. to be handled.
- Energy conservation mode of operation offers stand by mode when the booth is not in full operation. New high efficiency EC fan technology, motor assemblies, LED lights etc.
- 5D high containment screens are rigid containment screens that provide five axes of movement and fitted with glove ports for enhanced operator protection (OEL 1µg/m)
- Filtration monitoring with alarm function filters blocked alarms (audible and visible)
- Personnel/Materials airlocks to provide a pressurized bridge between a restricted air environment to an unregulated area, checking entry or egress of potentially unwanted or harmful contaminants
- Temperature cooling package includes a cooling fan or chiller coil system for regulating temperature
- Integrated equipment including manual/automated drum tippers, vacuum manipulators, turntables and roller conveyors for seamless operation
- Bag-in, bag-out filtration is a triple stage, safe change filtration (pre filter, fine duct, HEPA) that allows maintenance personnel to take out contaminated particulate filters without direct contact with the harmful contaminants or internal booth surfaces during filter change.
- FAT/SAT, IQ/OQ protocols
- Safe area or explosion proof electrics
- Safe work zones from 1800mm to 2300mm
- 400V 3ph + E + N / 50Hz
- 480V 3ph + E / 60Hz
- Other voltages available on request
- Light levels <750lux