The LAST-A-FOAM® RF-2200 series is an advanced dielectric material suitable for use in antennas, radomes and other radio frequency (RF) communication systems. This machinable, closed cell polyurethane foam provides a low-loss protective, RF-transparent layer for applications that demand optimal performance where electrical insulative materials are required.
It is formulated with a Tg exceeding 350 °F, significantly increasing the processing window of the customer through enhanced thermal mechanical properties. This makes the foam appropriate for processing high-temperature composite prepregs, particularly for radomes and other panels.
Since LAST-A-FOAM® RF-2200 is a closed-cell polyurethane foam, it does not absorb water and thus ensures signal performance. Standard densities are available in 3, 4 and 6 lb/ft3, and other densities can be supplied to meet the customer’s specific loss tangent and dielectric constant requirements. The electrical properties of this foam have been completely characterized by free space analyzer transmission tunnel testing to guarantee users that this foam will perform as expected.
The low density makes the material easy to handle and process, whether making a final shape with a machine, gathering into composite panels, or installing panels in a space-frame radome.
- Performs in a large range of usage temperatures, some up to 350 °F
- Provides best signal transmission and receipt for antennae and other electronics
- Outstanding compressive and electrical insulation properties
- Does not absorb water
- Does not decay or rot
- Dimensionally stable
- Biologically Inert
- Grease, oil, and solvent resistant
- Easy to machine, coat and process through hand lay-up
- Available in custom densities to meet specific loss tangent and dielectric constant requirements
- Compatible with various types of adhesives
- High temperature core material
- Automotive components
- Aerospace components
- Core material for resin-transfer molding
- Electrical isolators
- Electronic packaging insulation
- Spacer material in antennae construction
- Protective structures from weather, dust, animals
Shown are maximum standard stock based on density. Custom sizes are available. Cut sizes are available from 0.125 inches (3.175 mm) up to standard stock heights as listed above.