The FilmTek™ 2000SE is a high performance spectroscopic ellipsometer for thin film characterization that measures from the deep UV to NIR (190-1700nm). Based on a rotating compensator design, the FilmTek™ 2000SE spectroscopic ellipsometer combines spectroscopic ellipsometry with multiple angle reflectometry to make it ideally suited for measuring the thickness and optical constants (n & k) of very thin films. The FilmTek™ 3000SE spectroscopic ellipsometer adds transmission measurement capability in addition to spectroscopic ellipsometry and DUV reflectometry. The FilmTek™ 2000SE spectroscopic ellipsometer utilizes SCI's material modeling software to provide an affordable and reliable thin film measurement tool for the simultaneous measurement of film thickness, index of refraction, and extinction coefficient.
- Spectroscopic reflection (190nm-1700nm) of polarized light at multiple angles
- Spectroscopic ellipsometry with rotating compensator design (300nm-1700nm)
- Measures film thickness and index of refraction independently
- Multi-Angle Differential Polarimetry (MADP) technology with SCI’s patented Differential Power Spectral Density (DPSD) technology
- Ideal for measuring ultra-thin films (0.03 Å repeatability on native oxide)
- Optional generalized ellipsometry (4x4 matrix generalization method) for anisotropy measurements (nx, ny, nz)
- Ideal for measuring advanced thin films
FilmTek™ 2000SE Spectroscopic Ellipsometer Features
- Versatile: FilmTek™ 2000SE spectroscopic ellipsometer incorporates SCI’s generalized material model with advanced global optimization algorithms for simultaneous determination of:
- Multiple layer thicknesses
- Indices of refraction [ n(l ) ]
- Extinction (absorption) coefficients [ k(l ) ]
- Energy band gap [ Eg ]
- Constituent and void fraction
- Film gradient
- Low Cost: The cost of ownership of FilmTek™ 2000SE spectroscopic ellipsometer is very competitive with comparable instruments.
- No Special Knowledge Required: FilmTek™ 2000SE spectroscopic ellipsometer software is designed so that minimal experience in personal computers, thin film optical design, or measurement techniques is required.
- Complete "turn key" System: A fully integrated spectroscopic ellipsometer measurement system with calibration, acquisition, and analysis software.
- Non-contact and non-destructive.
- Flexible: FilmTek™ spectroscopic ellipsometer hardware and software can be easily modified to satisfy unique customer requirements.
- Optional features:
- Computer controlled automated stage.
- Cassette to cassette wafer handling
- Small spot size (50 microns)
- Pattern recognition (Cognex)
FilmTek™ 2000SE Spectroscopic Ellipsometer Applications
Virtually all translucent films ranging in thickness from 1 angstrom to approximately 150 microns can be measured with high precision using the FilmTek™ 2000SE spectroscopic ellipsometer. Typical FilmTek™ 2000SE spectroscopic ellipsometer applications include:
- Semiconductor and dielectric materials
- Computer disks
- Multilayer optical coating
- Coated glass
- Optical antireflection coating
- Thin metals
- Electro-optical materials
- Solar cells