Stable Micro Systems’ TA.XTplus100C offers a texture analysis instrument that has a capacity of up to 100 kg. It also provides a better distance resolution that is doubled to 0.0005 mm.
The instrument will be of great interest to those (predominantly in the pharmaceutical sector) who need fine distance control/measurement of, for instance, small particles/granules/beads.
The instrument also provides the following advantages:
- Stiffer structure for applications involving higher force — half a micron at 20 mm/second
- Greater capacity for the same laboratory bench space (footprint)
- The capability to use attachments such as Kramer Shear Cell and Ottawa Cell, which typically need the high force capacity of a TA.HDplusC
- Additional location points for attaching accessories like cameras, lights, humidity probes, temperature devices, etc.
- An extended height model (100 kg capacity) to offer additional testing distance for high-force extensional applications
The flexible instrument is coupled with user-friendly Exponent Connect software and very well designed for long-term accuracy and dependability.
The instrument can measure almost any physical product characteristics such as fracturability, hardness, adhesiveness, gel strength, and extensibility of foods, cosmetics, gels, adhesives, pharmaceuticals, and other consumer products.
The TA.XTplus100C is typically used to measure and quantify empirical, fundamental, and simulative tests in both tension and compression, encompassing those associated with materials properties, texture analysis, as well as effects of rheology of semi-solid, solid, powder, viscous liquid, and granulate materials.
All Stable Micro Systems Connect series Texture Analyzers can be operated with regular equipment Touchscreen Interface, as well as by using a laptop or desktop PC. Furthermore, they can also be operated from a tablet or mobile phone using the Browser Interface — an exclusive operational feature in the domain of texture analysis.
Whether a user is a novice at texture analysis or a skilled user, or has particular requirements, the instrument offers the versatility to select how the user interacts with the instrument. Stable Micro Systems offers many ways to operate the instrument. Each can be used individually, or in combination.
Stable Micro Systems delivers the most versatile Texture Analyzers available in the market to fully meet the growing demands for accurate, quantifiable, and repeatable textural/physical property information. They measure these properties by recording distance, force, and time data at high speed (2000 points per second). This data is then presented graphically via the Exponent Connect software.
The Texture Analyzer range uses a variety of probes and fixtures based on the required test procedure. Each fixture or probe is designed for a particular set of applications, and can be swiftly and easily attached. Samples are either placed between two fixtures, or positioned at the base of the instrument or on the lower fixture.
During a basic test, the arm of the texture analyzer that holds the loadcell moves down to enter into or compress the product. The arm then returns to its original position, simultaneously measuring forces in both directions.
Key Features of the TA.XTplus100C Texture Analyzer
- Fully programmable tests
- Single column Texture Analyzer for general application, with interchangeable load cells
- Capacity of 100 kg⋅f (1000 N)
- Speed range of 0.01–20 mm/second
- Maximum data rate of 2000 pps
- Distance resolution of 0.0005 mm
- Highly sophisticated data analysis options
- Extended height-version option
- Expandable for the collection of data from other devices
- Full test library