The IM 10 range from Imatek are a highly versatile range of drop weight impact testers for performing a wide range of medium energy tests on materials, specimens and end products of various geometry.
Key features of the IM 10 range:
- Laboratory grade instrumentation and very rigid construction for highest accuracy test results.
- Guided mass system to ensure that the impact geometry is correct throughout the test.
- Highly accurate and repeatable drop parameters.
- Very robust construction stands up to the rigours of dynamic testing to provide high reliability with a minimum of downtime.
- Easily interchangeable contact parts simplify maintenance and reduce cost of ownership.
- Very high levels of safety employing multiple redundant systems, compliant with 89/392/EEC and 91/368/EEC machinery safety directives.
- High quality, easy to use control and analysis software ensures consistency and enhances throughput.
- Simple service requirements of single phase mains electricity and compressed air reduce installation costs.
- Multiple impact facility for fatigue testing.
- Wide range of strikers, anvils, fixtures and jigs available for standard test geometries, and for custom testing.
- Optional sample strippers for extracting striker from tough ductile specimens.
- Optional second impact prevention system for non-penetrating tests.
- Optional high velocity impact option for impact velocities up to 20m/s.
- Optional dynamic displacement measurement system for direct measurement of the sample deformation.
- Optional high speed, fully integrated video system to provide visualization of specimen failure mode.
- Optional temperature conditioning chamber, -70°C to +150°C.
- Responsive life-time technical support.
The IM10-30 drop weight impact tester from Imatek features impact energy up to 900J requiring a floor-to-ceiling height of 5.5m (5kg to 30kg impact mass at 1.0m/s to 7.7m/s impact velocity)