manufacture arange of drop weight impact testers for measuring the fracture
characteristics and fracture ductility of steel specimens according to the following
standards: API recommended practice 5L3, EN 10274, ASTM-E 436 and ‘Pellini’
Key features of the drop weight tear tester range include:
- Very robust construction stands up to the rigours of high energy testing
to provide high reliability with a minimum of downtime.
- Easily interchangeable contact parts simplify maintenance and reduce cost
- State-of-the-art testing accommodates impact energies up to 100,000J and
specimens up to 50mm thick.
- Very high levels of safety employing multiply redundant systems, compliant
with 89/392/EEC and 91/368/EEC machinery safety directives.
- Automated specimen loading provides compliance with cycle times required
by test methods, while maintaining operator safety.
- Very rigid base and anvils ensures very low flexure under high test loads.
- Guided mass system to ensure that the impact geometry is correct throughout
the entire test.
- Highly accurate and repeatable drop parameters.
- High quality, easy to use control software ensures consistency and enhances
- Ergonomically designed, no requirement for the operator to work at elevated
heights or handle excessive physical loads.
- Optional instrumentation package to measure impact force up to 1500kN.
Provides values for peak force and energy to fail, together with a high resolution
force-deflection curve to analyse failure mode.
- Optional variable mass system to provide precise control over impact parameters.
- Optional high speed, fully integrated video system to provide visualization
of specimen failure mode.
- Optional liquid cooled temperature conditioning bath.
- Responsive life-time technical support.
The DWT100-42 drop weight
tear trester from Imatek
features impact energy up to 103,000J requiring a floor-to-ceiling height of
7.5m (1000kg to 2500kg impact mass at 4.5m/s to 9.0m/s impact velocity)