The 508 PV™ microscope spectrophotometer is for taking spectra and images of microscopic samples by UV-visible-NIR absorbance, reflectance, polarization and fluorescence.
The innovative 508 PV™ is designed to add to an open photoport on your microscope. Or it can be used to upgrade an older model microspectrophotometer so that you have the latest technology in microspectroscopy. It incorporates the latest technology in optics, spectroscopy and software to deliver the superior performance with unparalleled speed and capabilities. Featuring the ease-of-use for which CRAIC instruments are known, this instrument is a leader in UV-visible-NIR and fluorescence microspectroscopy.
The 508 PV™ microscope spectrophotometer combines the latest technologies to allow the user to measure UV-visible-NIR range transmission, absorbance, reflectance, emission and fluorescence spectra of sample areas smaller than a micron across. Even the thickness of thin films and color spaces may be determined. And while microspectra are being acquired, the sample may be viewed with high-resolution digital imaging. Ease of use features also add to the power of the 508 PV™ system and include everything from improvements in the instruments ergonomics to software to automation.
The 508 PV™ microspectrophotometeris simple to use, the measurements are non-destructive and the spectral data is of the highest quality.
Which issues were the 508 PV™ microspectrophotometer developed to address?
The 508 PV™ was designed to acquire spectra of microscopic samples and sample volumes. It was developed to be added to almost any optical compound microscope or be used as a robust upgrade path for older microspectrophotometers. The 508 PV™ is currently in use in many laboratories around the world where it is used in the characterization of novel materials and the study of such phenomena as surface plasmon resonance, different forms of carbon nanotubes and graphene and a host of other projects including the development of novel thin films to be used for semiconductors and photovoltaics.
Dr. Paul Martin, CRAIC Technologies
What flexibility does it offer to the user?
The 508 PV™ is designed to be fitted to an optical microscope or older microspectrometer. Depending upon the configuration of the microscope or microspectrometer, the 508 PV™ can operate throughout the UV-visible-NIR region and measure absorbance, reflectance, fluorescence and polarization spectra of micron scale samples. It can also be used to measure thin film thickness, color spaces and to map the spectral response of large samples with sub-micron spatial resolution.
Dr. Paul Martin, CRAIC Technologies
Key features offered with the 508 PV™ microspectrophotometer may include:
- Add to a microscope at an open photoport
- Or upgrade an older model microspectrometer with the latest in microspectroscopy!
- UV, color and NIR microspectroscopy
- Ultraviolet-visible-NIR spectra in one shot... No changing optics!
- Transmission, reflectance, Raman, fluorescence, luminescence and polarization spectroscopy of microscopic samples...all with the same instrument
- Integrated TE cooled array detectors for low noise and long term stability
- Permanently calibrated measurement areas on the micron scale
- Superior image both with eyepieces and digital imaging
- Full manual or automatic operation
- Easy to use and maintain
The 508 PV™ microspectrophotometer is suited for analysis of:
- Carbon Nanotubes
- Surface Plasmon Resonance
- Semiconductor Film Thickness
- MEMS devices
- Photonic Bandgap Crystals
- Process Impurity Detection
- Protein Crystals
- Forensic Science
- Drug Chemistry
- Questioned Documents
- Flat Panel Display Development
- Flat Panel Display Quality Control
- Failure Analysis
508PV Spectrometer For Your Microscope
Video Credit: CRAIC Technologies