The 20/30 PV™ microspectrophotometer is suitable for taking images and spectra of microscopic samples by reflectance, UV-visible NIR absorbance, fluorescence and Raman polarization.
The novel 20/30 PV™ is a highly sophisticated instrument from CRAIC Technologies. It includes the latest technology in spectroscopy, optics and software to offer excellent performance with high speed and capabilities. This instrument is the cutting edge of UV-visible NIR and Raman micro-spectroscopy featuring the convenience for which CRAIC instruments are known.
The 20/30 PV™ microspectrophotometer integrates the advanced technologies to enable the user to measure UV-visible-NIR range transmission, absorbance, reflectance, Raman, emission and fluorescence spectra of sample areas smaller than a micron across. It is even possible to determine the thickness of color spaces and thin films.
While acquiring microspectra, the sample may be seen with high-resolution digital imaging in the deep UV, in the near infrared or in color. The 20/30 PV system is easy to use and includes improvements in the instrument ergonomics to software to automation.
The 20/30 PV™ microspectrophotometer is easy to use, the measurements are non-destructive and the spectral data is unmatched.
Which issues were the 20/30 PV™ microspectrophotometer developed to address?
The 20/30 PV™ was designed to acquire spectra of microscopic samples and sample volumes. It was developed as a precision research-grade instrument and is currently in use in many laboratories around the world. It is used in the characterization of novel materials and the study of such phenomena as surface plasmon resonance, different forms of carbon nanotubes and graphene, and a host of other projects including the development of novel thin films to be used for semiconductors and photovoltaics.
Dr. Paul Martin, CRAIC Technologies
What flexibility does it offer to the user?
The 20/30 PV™ is a multi-functional instrument that can be configurd in many different ways. The 20/30 PV™ operates in the UV-visible-NIR region and it can be configured to acquire transmission, reflectance, Raman, fluorescence and polarization spectra of micron scale samples. It can also be used to measure thin film thickness, color spaces and to map the spectral response of large samples with sub-micron spatial resolution.
Dr. Paul Martin, CRAIC Technologies
The key features of the 20/30 PV™ microspectrophotometer are:
- Deep UV to NIR microspectroscopy and Raman microspectroscopy can be performed
- Deep UV, color and NIR imaging is enabled
- Is equipped with integrated TE cooled array detectors for low noise and long term stability
- Ultraviolet-visible-NIR spectra are enabled in one shot, no changing optics
- With a single instrument, transmission, reflectance, Raman, fluorescence, luminescence and polarization spectroscopy of microscopic samples are possible
- There are permanently calibrated measurement areas on the micron scale
- Superior imageis obtained both with eyepieces and digital imaging
- Full manual or automatic operation is possible and it is easy to use and maintain
The 20/30 PV™ microspectrophotometer is suited to use in:
- Carbon nanotubes
- Surface plasmon resonance
- Semiconductor film thickness
- Questioned documents
- Flat panel display development
- Flat panel display quality control
- Failure analysis
- MEMS devices
- Photonic bandgap crystals
- Process impurity detection
- Protein crystals
- Forensic science
- Drug chemistry
FLEX UV-Visible-NIR Microspectrophotometer
Video Credit: CRAIC Technologies