The IR5 from Edinburgh Instruments is a high-performance benchtop Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrometer.
IR5 FTIR Spectrometer
- Outstanding Performance – High sensitivity and spectral resolution is provided
- Configurable – Option of a second detector giving higher sensitivity at chosen spectral ranges
- Photoluminescence Upgrade – Fourier Transform PL upgrade with a choice of laser source
- Miracle™ Software – Strong and intuitive software
- User-friendly – Easy to function and ideal for all user levels, from starter to advanced
- Maintenance Free – No maintenance is needed with moisture control technology
The IR5 is ideal for analytical and research applications, such as semiconductor, polymer, and pharmaceutical samples, providing easy operation and quick and precise outcomes. IR absorption, reflectance, transmission, and infrared photoluminescence could all be quantified in the IR5 with the help of only one software package, named Miracle™.
NEW PRODUCT - IR5 FTIR SPECTROMETER
Video Credit: Edinburgh Instruments
Source: Edinburgh Instruments
||8000 – 350 cm-¹
||SNR ≥ 20,000:1
||0.5 cm-¹, 1 cm-¹, 2 cm-¹, 4 cm-¹, 8 cm-¹, 16 cm-¹, 32 cm-¹
||High-intensity ceramic source
||Germanium coated KBr
||Integrated desiccants, electronic dry-membrane, embedded LCD and software hygrometers for maintenance-free operation
||KBr window exchangeable by user
||Universal mains input 100-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz
||Additional detector fitted to the instrument optimizing its spectral range
Detector options include InSb, InGaAs, and MCT
||Fourier Transform Photoluminescence Capability
||External PL excitation laser mount, laser is freely exchangeable
Dedicated PL sample holder for maximum signal-to-noise ratio
Intuitive photoluminescence acquisition wizard in software
||Transmission Sample Holder
||Compatible with films and cuvettes
|Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR)
||Basic and advanced ATR models available with a choice of crystal (diamond, Ge, ZnSe)
|Photoluminescence Sample Holder
||Suitable for solid samples, powders, and liquids
||Diffuse reflectance, custom and third-party accessories available
||Powerful and intuitive software for data acquisition, analysis and presentation, full control of all interferometer, amplifier, temperature and humidity monitoring
||Transmission, Absorption, Reflection, Kubelka-Munk, FT-PL
||Live signal monitoring, single scan (including user-defined methods), kinetic series
||W x D x H
||660 mm x 540 mm x 300 mm
The Miracle software package has been developed specifically for the IR5 spectrometer with a focus on smooth workflow and ease of use. Miracle regulates each aspect of the experiment, from instrument setup to data acquisition, analysis and reporting, guaranteeing intuitive operation at each step.
Image Credit: Edinburgh Instruments
The Miracle package provides two user levels, making it ideal for an extensive range of applications. Standard user mode is ideal for analysis and teaching laboratories where regular experiments are performed.
Sophisticated user mode opens instrument configuration options and complicated analysis functions, ideal for R&D and the most challenging applications.
Data analysis in Miracle is highly adaptable: it is possible to cancel or rearrange processing steps so that it becomes easy for users to access the raw data and fine-tune the analysis. The software enables users to reapply apodization with various functions, for improved comparison with other spectra.
Image Credit: Edinburgh Instruments
Miracle Key Features
- Selection of spectral resolution and wavenumber range
- Live signal monitoring, single scan, and kinetic series
- Pre-programmed techniques for repeating routine analysis
- Photoluminescence measurement wizard included with FT-PL upgrade
- User-configurable layout and data presentation
- Instrument validation wizards
- Export data into TXT and CSV
- File format consistent with FTIR databases
- Advanced user mode for complicated applications
- User calibration can be performed
- Data operations such as baseline subtraction, choice of apodization, arithmetical operations, smoothing, cropping, interpolation, etc.
- Extensive peak analysis wizard with a range of peak parameters and fitting algorithms