The EZ-X series of single-column electromechanical universal testers from Shimadzu offers several combinations of models and varied capacities of load cells. These testers are an ideal solution for numerous materials testing applications.
Physical evaluation testing is growing and more fields such as medical device, food, electronics, plastics, and textiles manufacturers, are expected to undertake the test.
In order to assist customer requirements, the company offers numerous easy-to-exchange specialized jigs and accessories, such as compression plates, bending jigs, tensile grips, and texture analysis jigs.
Shimadzu provides EZ-X series in three distinct models;
- EZ-LX long-stroke model with a capacity up to 5 kN (up to 1,100 lbf)
- EZ-SX short-column model with a capacity up to 500 N (up to 110 lbf)
- EZ-LX HS long-stroke and high-speed model, with a capacity up to 2 kN (up to 440 lbf), and a return speed up to 3,000 mm/min (118 in/min)
The test control options include an adjustable controller and PC control using Trapezium X Testing software.
The main features of the Shimadzu’s EZ-X series of single-column electromechanical universal testers are as follows:
- High-performance load cells - The use of load cells with precision ensures within ±0.5% or ±1% of the indicated force value, over a broad range of 1/1 to 1/500 of the rated capacity, guaranteeing very reliable results.
- Compact and lightweight - The compact size enables the testers to fit easily on table tops. The open and low table height design offers easy access from either sides of the instrument, making it simpler to swap jigs and samples.
- Objective evaluation testing - The EZ-X series offers objective numerical test results, which can supplement additional subjective analysis. Numerous types of test fixtures are offered to support numerous applications.