Sierra's flagship SmartTrak thermal mass flow controller is designed for system integrators/OEMs and lab researchers. It is a real multi-gas digital MFC devised to deliver steady, smooth, accurate, and repeatable gas mass flow control that users can rely on all of the time.
The thermal mass flow controller is not affected by pressure fluctuations and upstream gas temperature, it is direct and unequivocal.
SmartTrak is available in any flow range that the user specifies up to 1000 slpm and higher. It is CE approved, and designed in different sizes, operating temperatures and pressures, industrial waterproof enclosures, and industry form factors.
Quality calibration: SmartTrak’s NIST traceable accuracy is supported by Sierra's ten points, key standard calibration over the whole flow range. The controller has a robust and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve, which can be tuned to guarantee perfect speed and reliability. Custom valve orifice sizing produces full-range stability. Sierra also offers customization services for its customers free of cost.
Pilot module: With the face or remote mounted pilot module display/interface, users can view and modify all aspects of SmartTrak at any time by pushing a button. Just select a gas from the menu and the controller is ready to go, with no loss in accuracy. The users can also change flow range, engineering units, and set zero, span and full scale separately for each gas.
Thermal advantage: Thermal mass flow technology is an industry standard for mass flow control of gases as it directly measures the flow at the molecular level. In reality, counting and manipulating all of the gas molecules that are flowing through the device to accomplish unmatched accuracy.
Software and digital communications: A range of communications protocol such as Profibus, Modbus and Foundation Fieldbus, and free user software, make every SmartTrak simple to integrate into the user’s digital communications network.
DIY calibration: If the users choose to calibrate their own mass flow controllers and meters in-house, Sierra offers all of the required software and training and even the flow calibrations standards that are needed for the task.
The main benefits of the SmartTrak 100 are as follows:
- Patented, enhanced platinum wound capillary sensor, innately linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design
- Perfect for industry, OEM and research
- Easy to use pilot module display interface is hand-held, front-mounted, or remote mounted
- Comes with standard 10 pre-programmed gases; substitute up to nine more
- 50 slpm (nlpm) version with a small footprint 3” long, 1” wide, 7” tall (76.2 mm, 177.8 mm, 25.4 mm) does not include fitting length
- User software is provided free of cost
- Mass flow rates up to 1000 slpm; higher values upon request
- Field adjustment through multifunction pilot module display interface. Modify the following:
- set zero, span and full scale for each gas independently
- flow rate
- measured gas
- engineering units
- Makes drop-in replacement simple
- Broad range of digital communication protocol options, including ProfibusDP, Modbus, and Foundation Fieldbus
- Control functions offered from PC via RS-232
- Primary standard calibration and NIST traceability
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering, direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Improved networking capability, including totalization, two digital relays, display and inputs
- Source code for RS-232 communication is offered
- Precision digital PID valve control; valve adjustment or tuning is not required
- Compod™ upgrade to operate small-scale pilot plants without the expense of PLC or DCS system