The SmartTrak 50 from Sierra is designed for system integrators/OEMS and researchers. It is a true digital MFC and shares the same repeatability and accurateness with the flagship SmartTrak 100 but with less features, a slightly bigger footprint, but more economical in price.
The SmartTrak 50 is devised to deliver steady, smooth, precise and repeatable gas mass flow control that can be relied on all of the time. The device is not affected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations and the gas mass flow control is direct and definite. It is perfect for industry, research, and OEM.
Thermal advantage: Thermal mass flow technology is an industry standard for mass flow control of gases as it measures the flow directly at the molecular level. In reality, counting and controlling all of the gas molecules that are flowing through the device to accomplish unparalleled accuracy.
DIY calibration: If the user prefers to calibrate their own mass flow controllers and meters in-house, the company offers all of the needed software and training and even the flow calibrations standards that are required to perform the task.
Quality calibration: SmartTrak’s NIST traceable precision is supported by the company’s ten point, primary standard calibration over the entire flow range. The device has a robust and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve tuning to guarantee the greatest speed and reliability. Custom valve orifice sizing produces full-range stability. The company also offers customization of devices for its customers with no cost.
Software: The company offers free user software with every unit.
The main benefits of the SmartTrak 50 are as follows:
- Compact size makes drop-in replacement simple
- Digital setpoint control and local display
- Mass flow rate up to 200 slpm (nlpm); higher flow rate is offered upon request
- Patented, enhanced, innately linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design, platinum-wound capillary sensor
- Optional analog setpoint/output signals
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering, direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Accurate digital PID valve control; no valve adjustment or tuning
- Field can be adjusted to zero and span
- User software is available with no cost
- I/O DB9 comm ports are present on each side of enclosure in order to make installation flexible
- Primary standard calibration and NIST traceability
- Source code for RS-232 communication is offered
- RS-485 (addressable)
- Control functions also present from PC through RS-232
- Aluminum or stainless-steel construction offered