Rotameters, also called variable area (VA) meters, are used across almost all industries where gas flow metering and flow regulation have to be economically carried out.
Rotameters are the so-called volumetric flow meters that can only capture the volume of gas flow, and not the mass flow rate of gas. All volumetric flow regulators and meters are responsive to changes in the temperature and pressure of a gas; even a slight pressure change of 1 bar results in a flow rate error of around 50%.
Sierra Instruments has developed a RedyCompact™ device that offers an ultimate solution. RedyCompact™ is a true thermal mass flow meter developed for those seeking maximum repeatability and precision, and requiring a drop-in substitute for a rotameter.
RedyCompact™ is powered by batteries, and features a huge touch-screen with automatic adjustment of the screen (0°/90°/180°/270°). The thermal mass flow meter can be easily read from a distance. By dialing in their manual setpoint, users can control the flow rate with the high-resolution value. Using two regular AA batteries, the thermal mass flow meter provides months of operation. Sierra Instruments also offers an optional Micro-USB power plug.
Lifetime No-Drift Sensor Warranty
The RedyCompact™ flow meter is available with Sierra Instruments’ lifetime no-drift sensor warranty. This is realized with the high-precision micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) technology using a sophisticated, ultra-stable no-drift complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) sensor.
Using the MEMS technique, both mechanical devices and electronic circuits can be produced on a silicon chip, analogous to the process utilized for integrated circuits.
- Non-volumetric mass flow for better precision
- Compact, battery-operated design — to fit in drop-in replacement for all commercially available rotameters
- High-precision MEMS technology using a sophisticated, ultra-stable CMOS sensor
- Lifetime no-drift sensor warranty — in the event of drift, the instrument will be substituted without any extra cost
- Huge touch-screen display allows automatic screen adjustment (0°/90°/180°/270°) and intuitive navigation for effortless installation and visibility
- Sophisticated NIST-traceable calibration — all units are calibrated over a flow range to ensure repeatability and precision over the device’s lifetime
- Flow control — precision needle valve allows users to dial in accurate mass flow control
- Flow alarms alert users — users can set the alarms to get alerts from the meter when a flow event occurs
- A warranty of three years
Compact Mass Flow Meters and Regulators — Perfect VA Replacement
- High-precision MEMS technology: No-drift (lifetime warranty) CMOS sensor
- Direct mass flow, not volumetric, for maximum repeatability and accuracy
- Battery operated, with a huge, user-friendly touchscreen display and automatic adjustment of the screen (0°/90°/180°/270°)
- Flow can be controlled using a high-resolution manual setpoint
- Small footprint for an easy drop-in replacement to VA meters
- Precision of ±2.0% of full scale; ranges > 200 SLPM ± 3.0% of full scale
- High precision of ±1.0% of full scale up to 50 SLPM
- A pressure of up to 3–160 psia (0.2–11 bara)
- Repeatability of ±0.5% of full scale
- O2, air, N2, Ar, He, H2, CO2, H2, C3H8, and CH4 (other gases and gas mixtures are available on request)
- Flow ranges between 0 and 500 slpm (nlpm)
- Maximum 300 ms (based on the settings of the filter)
- Gas/ambient temperature of 32 °F–122 °F (0 °C–50 °C)
- FKM, optional EPDM (FDA) pressure
- External power is +8...30 VDC (maximum power consumption is 300 mA), or Micro-USB power supply (DIN 62684) operation
- CE approved
- Aluminum or stainless steel construction