Engineers working in the biopharmaceuticals sector have to accurately control the gases employed in bioreactors to improve the growth of microorganisms and ensure that the biomass is properly mixed and distributed.
Image Credit: Sierra Instruments
Precision burner control is also required to create the glass ampules, bottles, and vials that are used to package the resulting biopharmaceuticals in a proper way.
The RedySmart™ combines superior physics, unrivaled flexibility, and high reliability, making it different from other competitive systems.
The RedySmart™ thermal mass flow meters and controllers are micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS)-based technology developed to complement Sierra Instruments’ SmartTrak® capillary-based mass flow meters and controllers.
The RedySmart™ thermal mass flow devices do not include any moving parts and are not influenced by pressure fluctuations and upstream temperature, thereby ensuring excellent repeatability and precision.
The RedySmart™ features a cabling system, a modular design, flexible digital communications options (Modbus included without any extra charge), and easy incorporation into a gas mixing block. These features offer a true OEM mass flow control solution to customers.
Lifetime No-Drift Sensor Warranty
Sierra Instruments’ lifetime no-drift sensor warranty is available because RedySmart™ uses high-precision MEMS technology using a sophisticated, ultra-stable no-drift complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) sensor.
The MEMS no-drift sensor warranty offered by Sierra Instruments offers a huge competitive edge in OEM applications, where it is crucial to have long-term stability. At Sierra Instruments, the no-drift is defined as less than 1% of full scale across the instrument’s lifespan.
Therefore, if a drift of greater than 1% of full scale takes place over the lifetime of the sensor, the sensor and/or the whole instrument will be either replaced or repaired, and recalibrated without any extra charge.
The use of MEMS methods makes it possible to manufacture both mechanical devices and electronic circuits on a silicon chip, analogous to the process utilized for built-in circuits.
- MEMS with ultra-stable no-drift CMOS sensor
- Lifetime no-drift sensor warranty — in the event of drift, the instrument will be replaced or repaired free of cost
- Modular-customized to suit users’ needs — the communication and power cable system can be easily connected, offering ultimate flexibility
- Perfect for OEM applications — improved for burner control/biopharmaceuticals
- Integrated display — units, totalizer, mass flow, and set point
- Precision valve — a precision electromagnetic control valve enables the valve seat to assume the precise height above the valve orifice required to maintain a flow to the set point
- Fast set point control — response times are as fast as +/–80 ms
- Human and Systems Interface — local display readout; allows in-field configuration
- Communications (human and system interface) — an available local display readout communicates crucial flow data, while every device can be configured in the field using a free software app
- NIST-traceable, sophisticated calibration — every unit is calibrated across its entire flow range using actual gas to ensure repeatability and precision across the lifespan of a device
- Repeatability of +/–0.2% of full scale
- Precision of +/–1.0% of full scale
- High precision of up to ±0.3% of full scale ±0.5% of reading
- O2, N2, and air are standard; other non-corrosive, non-toxic gases are available on request
- Gas/ambient temperature 32 °F–122 °F (0 °C–50 °C)
- Pressure 3–160 psia (0.2–11 bara)
- Flow ranges between 0 and 500 slpm (nlpm)
- CE approved
- 24 Vdc (18–30 Vdc), 15 Vdc is also available on request
- Response time—meter (GSM): ±80 ms (3); and controller (GSC): ±500 ms (3)
- All devices feature a digital Modbus RTU and analog interface, as standard
The Ultimate OEM/MFC
- MEMS sensor stability — lifetime no-drift sensor warranty
- Ultimate OEM MFC — compact footprint, modular, and easy-to-connect power cable communication system
- Competitive OEM pricing — low-cost solution
- Precision electromagnetic valve control
- Direct mass flow with thermal technology — no pressure or temperature compensation