Galaxy Scientific’s QuasIR™ 3000 was created from the ground up to provide the industry with a new kind of NIR analysis solution – a solution that offers the portability needed to move NIR analysis closer to point-of-need, coupled with unrivaled spectroscopic performance for the swiftest and most accurate results.
The QuasIR™ 3000 was built to guarantee direct calibration transfer without the hindrance of standardizing instruments or altering models to house excessive instrument variability. The core of the QuasIR™ 2000 is Galaxy Scientific’s PermAlign™ optics technology, an advanced optical design that maintains performance and alignment under conditions from the standard to the extreme. Galaxy Scientific technology and design ensure unrivaled consistency and direct techniques transfer without loss in performance so users can expand their QuasIR™ fleet with confidence.
Experts are aware that good NIR results always begin with good sampling and this means the largest possible sampling volume and a large measurement spot size. Keeping this in mind, the QuasIR™ 3000 was engineered with an improved 23 mm sampling area, which is up to five times larger than competitive products. Galaxy Scientific’s large sampling area with scratch resistant sapphire window helps yield improved and more reproducible results. An internal background shutter mechanism allows automatic collection of background scans without the need for user interaction or external reference materials. An optional, easy-to-attach spinner additionally increases the sampling area, and various sampling cups and accessories boost the instrument’s versatility.
The key features of the QuasIR™ 3000 are:
- Compact, portable, and high performance FT-NIR spectrometer with large sample area integrating sphere for lab and field applications
- PermAlign™ optics: an advanced optical design that maintains alignment and performance under challenging conditions
- Automatic Performance Testing Unit provides an easy and automated technique to monitor instruments performance
- 23 mm sampling area, which is up to 5 times larger than competitive products
- Spectral Sage™ software suite combines the ease-of-use needed for every day analysis with feature-rich functions for advanced method developers
- Unparalleled instrument-to-instrument consistency and direct method transfer so users can expand their QuasIR™ fleet with confidence
- Ready for the road:
- Enclosure: NEMA13 / IP54 (dust)
- Compact: less than 8.5 kg and 44.0 x 24.1 x 14.5 cm in size
- Battery, mains or vehicle powered
- Low cost of ownership:
- > 10 year laser life
- > 10 year interferometer drive
- 20,000 hour user replaceable NIR source
- Operated by standard Windows™ PC
- User replaceable desiccant
- Optional plug-and-play sample spinner accessory for measuring inhomogeneous samples
The main Applications of the QuasIR™ 3000 are as follows:
- Feed Analysis
- Food ingredients