The QuasIR™ 4000 FT-NIR spectrometer available from Galaxy Scientific was developed from scratch to provide a unique NIR analysis solution to the industry.
The spectrometer offers the portability needed to move NIR analysis closer to point-of-need, and delivers unparalleled spectroscopic performance for the most accurate and fastest results.
The QuasIR™ 4000 FT-NIR spectrometer is designed to enable direct calibration transfer and to avoid the frustration of adjusting models or standardizing instruments to accommodate extreme instrument variability.
Galaxy Scientific’s PermAlign™ optics technology forms the core of the QuasIR™ 4000 spectrometer. This novel optical design maintains performance and alignment under routine to extreme conditions. Additionally, the company’s design and technology guarantee unparalleled direct method transfer and consistency without any loss in performance. This enables users to expand their QuasIR™ collection with complete confidence.
Experts are well aware that good NIR results always begin with good sampling, which means the largest possible sampling volume and a large measurement spot size. Keeping this aspect in mind, the QuasIR™ 4000 spectrometer was designed with an improved 23-mm sampling area, which is around five times larger than other similar competitive products.
QuasIR™ 4000’s huge sampling area equipped with a scratch-resistant sapphire window helps in creating results that are not only better but also more reproducible. In addition, there is an internal background shutter mechanism that allows the background scans to be automatically collected without the need for user interaction or external reference materials. Furthermore, various accessories and sampling cups increase the instrument’s versatility, and an optional, easy-to-fix spinner further maximizes the sampling area.
The QuasIR™ 4000 spectrometer also features a transmission chamber that accommodates a vial or cuvette. There is optional temperature control to allow a variety of applications. Fuels, lubricants, edible oils, and other transmission samples can be easily examined for adulteration or quality control.
- PermAlign™ optics: this is a novel design that maintains both performance and alignment even under adverse conditions
- High-performance, portable, and compact FT-NIR spectrometer fitted with a large sample area integrating sphere is perfect for field and laboratory field applications
- Automatic performance testing unit allows users to track their instruments’ performance in an easy and automated way
- Unparalleled direct method transfer together with instrument-to-instrument consistency allows users to expand their QuasIR™ fleet with absolute confidence
- The spectrometer includes a 23 mm sampling area, which is around five times larger than other competitive products
- Transmission sample chamber equipped with optional temperature control can be used to measure liquids
- Spectral Sage™ software suite integrates the ease of use required for day-to-day analysis with feature-rich functions for sophisticated method developers
- Optional plug-and-play sample spinner accessory can be used to determine inhomogeneous samples
- Ready for the road:
- Enclosure: IP65
- Compact: weighs less than 8.5 kg and measures 44.5 x 24.1 x 14.5 cm in size
- Mains-, battery-, or vehicle-powered
- Low cost of ownership:
- Operated by standard Windows™ PC
- User-replaceable desiccant
- 20,000-hour user-replaceable NIR source
- >10-year interferometer drive
- >10-year laser life
Integrating Sphere and Transmission QuasIR 4000 FT-NIR Spectrometer