The QuasIR™ 2000E FT-NIR spectrometer available from Galaxy Scientific continuously measures the chemical composition of a material transported in a chute, on a conveyor belt, or through a pipe.
The exclusive external projection optics from Galaxy Scientific utilizes high-powered tungsten lamps to light up the sample located as far as 2'' away and gather the scattered reflection off the sample via a fiber optic cable. In addition, the analysis spot size can be fixed as large as 8″ or as small as 0.5″ in diameter and it can be customized to specific application requirements.
Leveraging FT-NIR technology, the QuasIR™ 2000E offers the most precise and repeatable real-time results. The robust PermAlign™ interferometer optics from Galaxy Scientific provides results in environments where other types of interferometers fail.
Absolute compatibility combined with well-known process control and chemometric software allows the QuasIR™ 2000E spectrometer to be incorporated into virtually any process environment.
Major applications include food production, mining, web processing, in-process quality control, recycling, etc. Users can obtain real-time insight into baking, mixing, curing, drying, in-process concentrations, and polymerization. Users can track processes for important quality parameters.
- Materials moving over chutes, hoppers, webs, pipelines, and conveyors can be measured directly
- High-performance, portable, and compact FT-NIR spectrometer fitted with a fiber optic probe is suitable for field and laboratory applications
- Working distance ranges from contact to 24″
- Large spot sampling—from 0.5″ to 8″; can be customized to specific applications
- Inputs, outputs, and alarms can be customized according to users’ requirements
- Robust enclosures are available for rough, outdoor, or classified environments
- Around 200 W of illumination
- Unparalleled direct method transfer combined with instrument-to-instrument consistency allows users to expand their QuasIR™ collection with confidence
- PermAlign™ optics: a novel optical design that maintains performance and alignment even under adverse conditions
- Simultaneous and continuous measurement of numerous parameters
- Spectral Sage™ software suite integrates the ease of use required for day-to-day analysis with feature-rich functions for sophisticated method developers
- Automatic performance testing unit allows users to track their instruments’ performance in an easy and automated manner
- Spectral enclosure protection: NEMA 13/IP54 (dust)
- Powered by spectral battery, mains, or vehicle
- Spectral compact: weighs less than 7.1 kg and measures 35.5 x 24.1 x 14.5 cm in size
- Low cost of ownership:
- Operated by standard Windows™ PC
- User-replaceable desiccant
- 20,000-hour user-replaceable NIR source
- >10-year interferometer drive
- >10-year laser life
Process Analytics—QuasIR 2000E FT-NIR Spectrometer