The NivuFlow 7550 is a hybrid flow measurement device that is provided with surface radar and ultrasonic profile scanner. It can perform flow measurement for open channels as well as part filled pipes. Optimum results are realized through the combination of radar technology and ultrasonic cross correlation.
- All sensors are above the area of sedimentation
- Redundant flow measurement
- Ultrasonic sideward velocity profile sensor
- Two separate flow measurement technologies boost the reliability and accuracy
- Regular maintenance is not needed
- Contactless radar surface velocity measurement
- Reliable measurement autonomous of wave formations, storm conditions as well as in low flow level circumstances
Hybrid Flow Measurement
The NivuFlow 7550 is a hybrid measurement system which was primarily developed for flow metering in part filled pipes, channels and surface waters. Typically in challenging applications the flow meter stands out for reliable results because of its advantages of using two measurement technologies.
Contactless Radar Flow Measurement
The contactless low-maintenance radar sensor offers reliable operation even at very high discharge velocities with low flow levels. Dynamic hydraulic models for a variety of channel shapes based on various filling levels enable accurate detection of the real flow rate.
Ultrasonic Flow Measurement as Overflow Sensor
The ultrasonic cross correlation sensor can be employed as an overflow sensor. In those cases, the sensor delivers accurate and reliable results in overflow situations where radar sensors cannot be used for measuring. Due to the flow profile detection and the detection of sedimentation on the bottom, the flow rate is defined very accurately. Information on sedimentation is also considered for extra measurements using the radar system.
Ultrasonic Flow Measurement as Redundant Measurement
The ultrasonic sensor can be used for permanent redundant measurement as well. When the sensor is installed on the side walls above the sedimentation, soiling is prevented. The detection of local flow velocities covers the full channel width and guarantees the determination of very accurate flow profiles. Pre-programmed hydraulic models increase the accuracy of the measurement system.
Easy Installation and Handling
Due to DIN rail mounting options, the compact transmitter saves space and can be installed readily in control cabinets. Additionally, the NivuFlow 7550 is available with a special protected field enclosure for use under tough ambient conditions. The large graphic display allows fast and easy commissioning of the flow meter system.
The NivuFlow 7550 provides full diagnostic options and facilitates comprehensive analysis of running processes on site. The transmitter software is in line with current requirements. Future-proof protocols and versatile communication and integration options make way for operators to add the devices into higher systems such as SCADA or process control systems.
Typical Applications of the NivuFlow 7550
- Measurement places featuring bed load/debris
- Sedimentation detection with ultrasonic level measurement in case of overflow
- Continuous and reliable flow metering in overflow situations
- Measurement places with restricted installation options within the channel
- Measurement places featuring high dirt loads and sedimentation
- Reliable flow metering in shooting discharge and low flow levels