The NivuFlow Mobile 600 is a powerful portable flow meter for prolonged monitoring of full pipes. It was built primarily for long-term measurements in field operation without external power supply. Measurements for checking and confirming can be performed with the self-sufficient and portable system without any problems even in tough environments.
It comes with exceptional battery lifetimes of several weeks or even months, thereby significantly decreasing personnel costs for maintenance and data readout.
- Monitoring of temperature, flow and pressure
- Ultrasonic transit time measurement
- For extreme environmental conditions
- Rechargeable battery can be replaced by user
- Up to two measurement paths
- Extended battery life
- Operation via Smartphone, Tablet and Notebook
- Leakage detection
- Pump verification
- Monitoring of process water and service water
- Analysis of users behavior in water supplies
- Intakes and outlets conducting cooling water or circulation systems
Transit Time – How the NivuFlow Mobile 600 Measures
The measurement principle of the NivuFlow Mobile 600 is based on the finding of the transit time of ultrasonic signals between two sensors (A and B).
The signal run time in flow direction t1 is shorter than the signal run time towards the flow direction t2. The variance between both run times is proportional to the average flow velocity along the measurement path vm. The NivuFlow Mobile 600 calculates the average flow velocity vA from the measured path velocities vm.
The flow within the full pipe is calculated by using the standard continuity equation:
Easy and Convenient Operation
The measurement system is password-protected by using a web browser installed on units such as smartphones, tablets or notebooks. Additional software or special apps are not required.
Since the transmitter can be used without having to open the enclosure it is possible to work the unit easily even under poor conditions or in bad weather. The connection to the unit is arranged via WLAN.
Contactless or in the Medium
The transit time method based on ultrasound allows accurate and reliable measurements in clean to slightly polluted media.
A diverse selection of clamp-on sensors, wedge sensors, and special pipe sensors are available. The system automatically detects the leakage. A key feature of the clamp-on sensors is the very rapid installation as the sensors are installed on the outer side of the pipe based on the contactless measurement principle. Seamlessly matched mounting accessories also help in fast and smooth installation of the medium-contacting sensors.
By connecting extra sensors, it is possible to additionally measure process parameters such as pressure and temperature simultaneously.
- Stable signal transmission over long distances
- A range of sensor types guarantee the best solution for each application
- Contactless or measurement within the medium
- Installation under process conditions
- Sensors are absolutely zero point stable and drift-free
- Low installation efforts due to perfectly matched mounting accessories
The high protection degree of sensors and transmitters (IP68) allows application even under the harshest conditions. Even with its lid open, the transmitter offers IP 67 protection. The rechargeable batteries can also be changed in wet environments such as during heavy rain.
Sophisticated Power Management
The NivuFlow Mobile 600 is designed for long-term operation and simple handling. Equipped with two rechargeable battery packs, the transmitter has a prolonged service life including simultaneous sensor power supply. The rechargeable battery packs can be changed by the user rapidly and easily on site to perform long-term measurements.
- The NivuFlow can be used also as permanent measurement using a mains battery charger.
- Up to one year of battery life with five minutes measurement interval.
On Site from Anywhere
The measurement data can be transmitted via mobile phone network if needed. The readings are transmitted to a web portal and can be then accessed from anywhere in the world.
- Free adjustable measurement and transmission cycles
- Lower personnel requirements for data readout
- Unrestricted access to measurement data via Internet