The VideoMVP™ is designed to provide the user with all the benefits of a high performance diamond ATR accessory as well as video imaging and optional force sensing features.
The VideoMVP™ is designed with convenient horizontal sampling consisting of an active sampling area measuring less than 500µm in diameter on its monolithic diamond, thus making it suitable for infrared spectroscopy measurements of exceptionally abrasive powders, hard samples, beads, fibers and even corrosive materials.
The video imaging unit offers a magnified view of the sample in real-time via the ATR crystal. This image can be viewed either on the integrated display or digitally stored for a future reference.
Using the integrated pressure applicator, solid samples are packed together against the ATR crystal.
The pressure applicator is fitted with a slip clutch to avoid over-pressurization. An optional force sensor designed with digital read-out is provided if required for accurate measurement of the force applied to the sample and to reproducibly apply lower force than supplied by the built-in slip clutch.
The main features of the VideoMVP™ single reflection ATR microsampler include:
- Monolithic hemispherical diamond mechanically retained in a chemically resistant holder
- RoHS compliant
- Horizontal sampling for convenience
- Less sample preparation required
- Built-in pressure applicator with slip-clutch for reproducible calibrated pressure application
- Designed for optimal contact between the ATR element and solid samples
- All reflective optics other than the ATR crystal
- Small sampling area: 500µm in diameter with the diamond ATR crystal
- Incident angle: 45°
- PermaPurge™ for quick purging of the system
- Video imaging unit for viewing via the diamond ATR comprises 120X magnification of the sample; built-in LCD display on a rotating mount for easy viewing; and USB-video adapter and software for storing images
- Readily exchangeable Ge, ZnSe, Si and diamond ATR sampling plates.
- Flow-through liquid cell for static and flow applications
- Heatable sampling plates for operation up to 200°C with diamond, Si or ZnSe ATR crystals, 100°C with Ge
- Force sensor with digital read-out for accurate force measurements
- Powder adapter for retaining powdered samples