The VariGATR™ grazing angle ATR accessory is an innovative instrument for testing monolayers on semiconductor and metallic substrates.
The VariGATR™ is designed with variable angle to enable the incident angle to be optimized for excellent sensitivity with these types of samples.
The specifically designed pressure applicator assists in delivering proper contact between the sample and the Ge ATR crystal.
The VariGATR™ offers exceptional performance in providing quick, repeatable measurements as well as an order of magnitude increase in sensitivity compared to grazing angle techniques. Moreover, it provides the convenience of easy usage.
The main features of the VariGATR™ grazing angle ATR accessory include:
- Built-in pressure applicator with slip-clutch for reproducible pressure application
- Convenient horizontal sampling surface
- Constantly variable angle from 60º to 65º allowing optimization for maximum sensitivity
- PermaPurge™ for quick purging of the system
- Anti-backlash mechanism allows for precise, reproducible angle selection
- Can hold samples up to 8" in diameter with center-sampling of discs up to 6" in diameter
- Mounted Ge ATR crystal Optional features:
- Wire grid polarizer for improved spectral contrast and orientation analysis (includes slide plate mount)
- Force sensor with digital read-out for accurate measurement of the force applied to form a connection between the ATR crystal and the sample
- Angular scale viewing aide for large samples
- Low-torque slip-clutch