The basic Lake Shore PS-100 tabletop cryogenic probe station available from Lake Shore Cryotronics is capable of handling cryogenic testing in a fully specified basic system, thus making it suitable for use in laboratories having limited funding or where materials testing is at a beginner’s level.
The PS-100 is designed to conduct sensitive, high-impedance DC measurements. The system comprises a four-arm triaxial TTPX configuration for four-point probing and provides high-stability operation over a temperature range of 4.2K to 475K.
Micro-manipulated, high-precision stages guarantee precise probe tip placement. Samples measuring up to 32mm (1.25-in) in diameter can be held.
The system offers efficient cryogenic temperature operation with a nonstop refrigeration system using either liquid nitrogen or liquid helium.
Coupled with the included Lake Shore Model 336 temperature controller, the PS-100 can control sample stage and radiation shield temperatures on its own while simultaneously monitoring probe arm temperature. Probes are cooled to the sample stage temperature to decrease heat load to the device during testing.
The main features of the PS-100 tabletop cryogenic probe station include:
- Preconfigured system
- Compact table-top design with four-arm triaxial configuration
- Economical, simple to order, fast shipping
- Cryogen and vacuum pump to be added
- Complete thermal anchoring and radiation shielding helps to prevent heat from reaching the sample
- Field-upgradable for other TTPX capabilities
- Suitable for laboratory and academic research settings