The UNITY-xr™ is an industry-leading analytical TD instrument ideal for the simultaneous analysis of SVOCs, VOCs and thermally labile compounds collected onto sorbent tubes.
When compared to other thermal desorption units, this unit quantitatively re-collect samples for storage or re-analysis in order to improve sample security. The UNITY-xr is also equipped with an electrically cooled cold trap, dispensing with the inconvenience and expense of liquid cryogen.
Who uses the UNITY-xr?
The UNITY-xr is suitable for any kind of laboratory requiring a versatile thermal desorber for all of their TD applications.
The key benefits of the UNITY-xr are as follows:
- Future-proof the lab – additional modules allow automation of on-line samples, canisters and multiple tubes – making the UNITY-xr the ideal platform for expansion as the requirements of the lab increase
- Peace of mind – with quantitative sample re-collection for repeat analysis, the UNITY-xr provides simple data/method validation and overcomes the ‘one-shot’ limitation of other systems
- Improve productivity with the globally recognized versatile thermal desorber – Unmatched analytical performance for a variety of TD applications is offered by the UNITY-xr
- User-confidence – they are using a desorber that complies with significant standards such as US EPA Method TO-17
- Reduce running expenditure by avoiding the requirement of cryogen
- Expand capabilities – Examine the widest possible range of SVOCs and VOCs in a just one run, including reactive and thermally labile species
The main features of the UNITY-xr include:
- Quantitative sample re-collection of all the split flows allows easy method validation and repeat analysis of critical samples
- An optimized, inert flow path allows quantitative recovery of C2 to C44, including reactive and thermally labile species - from percent to sub-ppt concentrations.
- The UNITY-xr examines 3½" standard TD tubes and also facilitates analysis of on-line, canister and bag samples through the modular addition of versatile accessories
- The electrically-cooled focusing trap operates in an rapid manner so that it ensures fast sample throughput and reduces costs
- Method-compliance is aided by water management, addition of internal standards, and tube- and leak-testing
- Barcoded tubes and RFID TubeTAGs help easy tracking of samples
- Compatible with all significant makes of GC and GC–MS.