The entry-level Zetasizer available from Malvern Panalytical performs without compromising on features. The Zetasizer Lab includes constant current zeta mode, M3-PALS, and Adaptive Correlation. Moreover, it comes with ZS Xplorer, a user-friendly analytical software.
ZS Xplorer provides quick feedback on data quality and advice on how to enhance users’ results.
Features and Benefits
The Zetasizer Lab is the ideal entry-level system that offers an extensive range of features, such as the following:
- DLS analysis: particle size measurements vary from 0.3 nm to 10 μm
- Zeta potential of colloids and nanoparticles can be measured by making use of constant current zeta mode and M3-PALS analysis
- Analysis of extended size range ensures enhanced precision for particle sizes ranging above 1 μm, and indicative results above 10 μm (through the use of ZSU1002 Low Volume Disposable Sizing Cell)
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliant software—available shortly
- Enables use of Low Volume Disposable Capillary Cell for measurements of size in sample volumes as low as 3 μL
- Molecular weight can be measured through static light scattering at 90°
- Available in Red Label and Blue Label variants:
- Users can select Red Label for more challenging sample types, like low solid content samples, surfactant solutions, and proteins
- Users can select Blue Label for the investigation of regular samples like pigments, metal oxides, and metallic colloids
- Can be upgraded on-site to either Zetasizer Pro or Zetasizer Ultra models
The Zetasizer Lab can be employed for several applications, such as the following:
The Zetasizer Lab is an important analytical tool for several academic laboratories across the globe, and is used in all applications where particle or molecular size and zeta potential analysis is essential.
The extent of applications covered by Zetasizer systems, along with tens of thousands of scientific citations, has enabled these instruments to gain a central space in numerous scientific faculties.
The stability of biological molecules is affected by time, level of agitation, external temperature, and the changes in molecular concentration. Mostly, instabilities lead to aggregation and denaturation of the molecules, due to which they can lose their biological function and trigger an immune response, which thus restricts their therapeutic viability.
Thus, the factors that impact immunogenicity and therapeutic efficacy should be tracked all through the development pipeline, particularly at the initial stages to de-risk the biological drug molecule and prevent failures at later stages.
The Zetasizer series of instruments offers high-quality, stability-indicating data for biological drug molecules in a short time, thus allowing the measurement to be applied throughout the development pipeline.
Food and Drink
Zetasizer systems are utilized to investigate zeta potential and particle size to enhance the appearance and taste of flavorings, drinks, and foods and to maximize emulsion and dispersion stability to prolong the shelf life of the product and enhance its performance.
Zetasizer measurements of dispersion properties, nanoparticle size distribution, the tendency to aggregate, and stability are critical to the development of new nanomaterials. The huge surface area of these materials may lead to novel chemical and physical properties, like improved solubility, enhanced catalytic activity, or unexpected toxicological or optical behavior.
Paints, Inks and Coatings
Coating, paint, and ink formulations should be stable to maintain them in an ideal state over time without aggregation or change. Zeta potential and particle size, quantified by the Zetasizer instruments, play a vital role in identifying the properties of a product, like color, finish, strength, durability, dispersibility, and shelf life.
The exact zeta potential and particle size measurements can help guarantee the production of effective therapeutics, supplied safely. Zetasizer systems are utilized to determine the quality and stability of creams, emulsions, and dispersions, thereby decreasing the formulation time and expediting new products to market.