The latest Zetasizer Pro from Malvern Panalytical is the most preferred instrument to quantify an extensive range of sample types and concentrations. It provides high sensitivity and broad dynamic concentration ability, thanks to the Non-Invasive Back Scatter (NIBS) optical design. Measurement of particle size, electrophoretic mobility, molecular size, molecular weight and zeta potential can all be executed with comfort.
The Adaptive Correlation feature improves sample throughput by decreasing measurement duration and offering high sample knowledge. The deep learning-based data quality system offers users the confidence to know their data is the best it could be.
The optical filter wheel enables the measurement of fluorescent samples without affecting the overall sensitivity of the instrument.
Video Credit: Malvern Panalytical
Features and Benefits
With the Zetasizer Pro, even new users can generate the highest-quality measurements since it offers the following benefits:
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS), which quantifies molecule and particle size, ranging from 0.3 nm to 10 µm
- ZS Xplorer software suite is provided for easy and flexible method set-up and data analysis
- Non-Invasive Back Scatter (NIBS), optics for high-sensitivity and versatile particle and molecular size measurements and molecular weight measurements
- Electrophoretic Light Scattering (ELS), which quantifies the zeta potential of molecules and particles, signifying sample stability and/or tendency to aggregate
- Deep learning-based data quality system, for evaluation of any size data quality problems, with clear guidance on how to enhance results
- M3-PALS comes with Constant Current Mode for measuring zeta potential and electrophoretic mobility
- Adaptive Correlation is offered for quicker, more reproducible size measurements with reduced sample preparation
- Optical filter wheel with fluorescence filter enables measurement of fluorescent samples without affecting the overall sensitivity of the system. Moreover, it contains polarization filters for DDLS measurements
- Comes in Red Label and Blue Label variants:
- Users can choose Red Label for more difficult sample types, like proteins, low solid content samples, and surfactant solutions
- Users can prefer Blue Label for regular sample investigation including pigments metal oxides, and metallic colloids
- The optional MPT-3 Autotitrator allows the study of the impact of changes in pH
- On-site upgradeability to Zetasizer Ultra is available, should users need change
- A variety of reusable and disposable cells are available to enhance the measurement with regard to sample volume and concentration
The Zetasizer Ultra finds use in various applications such as the following:
The Zetasizer Ultra is a vital analytical tool for various academic laboratories across the world and is used for all applications where molecular or particle size and zeta potential analysis are needed.
The range of applications covered by Zetasizer systems, together with several thousands of scientific citations, has earned these instruments a pivotal space in several scientific faculties.
Changes in external temperature, molecule concentration, level of agitation, and time are all factors affecting the stability of biological molecules. Instabilities mostly lead to aggregation and denaturation of the molecule, due to which they can lose their biological function, trigger an immune response and consequently affect its therapeutic potential.
Thus, the factors influencing therapeutic efficacy and immunogenicity should be tracked across the development pipeline, particularly at the initial stages to de-risk the biological drug molecule and restrict late-stage failures.
The Zetasizer range offers stability-indicating, high-quality data for biological drug molecules in a short period, allowing the measurement to be implemented across the development pipeline.
Food and Drink
Zetasizer systems are utilized to examine particle size and zeta potential to enhance the look and taste of drinks, foods, and flavorings, as well as to enhance dispersion and emulsion stability to increase product shelf life and enhance product performance.
Zetasizer measurements of nanoparticle size distribution, stability, dispersion properties and tendency to aggregate are vital to the design of new nanomaterials. The enormous surface area of these materials may lead to novel chemical and physical properties like improved catalytic activity, enhanced solubility, or unexpected optical or toxicological behavior.
Paints, Inks, and Coatings
It is crucial to maintain paint, ink, and coating formulations stable to retain them in an ideal state over time without any aggregation or change. Zeta potential and particle size quantified by the Zetasizer instruments play essential roles in identifying a product’s properties, like color, dispersibility, finish, durability, strength and shelf life.
The accurate particle size and zeta potential can help guarantee the production of effective therapeutics, delivered in a secure manner. Zetasizer systems are utilized to characterize the quality and stability of dispersions, emulsions and creams, thus decreasing formulation time and speeding up the launch of new products to market.