Malvern Panalytical’s MicroCal PEAQ-ITC Automated is a highly sensitive isothermal titration calorimeter which provides high productivity measurement of various binding parameters involved in an experiment. The combination of high sensitivity and remarkable automation allows the calorimeter to meet the different productivity needs of research and drug discovery applications.
The system allows the direct measurement of the amount of heat released or absorbed during biochemical events, thereby calculating entropy (ΔS), enthalpy (ΔH), stoichiometry (n) and binding affinity (KD).
Apart from preparing samples and reagents to appropriate concentrations, the MicroCal PEAQ-ITC Automated also enables minimal assay development. Its easy-to-use software with optimized automation scripts ensures robust and fast operation with a wide range of samples.
Download the Brochure for More Information
The main features of the MicroCal PEAQ-ITC Automated include:
- Fully automated system
- High sensitivity allows investigation of biomolecular interaction of small quantities of protein
- Nonreactive Hastelloy ensures chemical resistance
- Coin-shaped cell optimizes sample mixing
- High signal to noise
- Excellent data quality for sub-millimolar to picomolar disassociation constants
- Rapid output with minimal assay development
- Measurement of all binding parameters including entropy, enthalpy, stoichiometry and affinity
- User-friendly design tools help in selecting experimental run parameters
- Samples presented in temperature controlled 96-well plate
The major applications of the MicroCal PEAQ-ITC Automated include:
- Characterization of molecular interactions of small molecules, proteins, lipids, antibodies, nucleic acids, and other biomolecules
- Measurement of enzyme kinetics
This venture provides a great opportunity for Sevion Therapeutics to access the latest biophysical measurement techniques and to help shape future developments. Malvern Panalytical will provide extensive training and continuing support to our teams, and we will benefit both from having extended access to high value instrumentation and from Malvern Panalytical’s technology and applications expertise. We’re especially excited to be adding differential scanning calorimetry to our armory and to being among the first to use the new MicroCal PEAQ-ITC system.
Dr Jim Graziano, Chief Technology Officer, Sevion Therapeutics
MicroCal PEAQ-ITC Calorimeter