Malvern Panalytical Instrument’s Spraytec laser diffraction system enables measurement of spray particle and spray droplet size distribution for effective product development of aerosols and sprays. It has been particularly designed to address the unique requirements for spray characterization and deliver robust, reproducible droplet size data. With more than 35 years experience in spray applications, the Malvern Panalytical Spraytec provides the data required to fully understand spray and atomization processes.
The features of the Spraytec Laser Diffraction system are:
- It enables measurement across a wide size range (0.1 – 2000 µm) without requiring constant optics changes
- Resolves rapid changes in droplet size over time, by measuring up to 10,000 measurements a second
- Delivers accurate, concentration-independent results using a patented multiple scattering analysis
- Characterize wide spray plumes without risking optical contamination
- Reveals the dynamic changes in spray particle size through its unique size history analysis software
It is normal for farmers to use spray nozzles a number of times before replacing them. By monitoring output over time, we are developing a greater understanding of the impact of nozzle wear, enabling us to balance nozzle performance with the economics of renewal. This helps avoid the cost of premature replacement whilst also encouraging good practice in ensuring that droplet size specifications are met.
Professor István Sztachó-Pekáry, Machinery Department, College of the Kecsemét
Laser diffraction spray particle & spray droplet size measurement - Spraytec