The 2830 ZT wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRF) wafer analyzer offers the ultimate capability for measuring film thickness and composition. It has been exclusively designed for the semiconductor and data storage industry and helps determine layer composition, thickness, dopant levels and surface uniformity for a wide range of wafers up to 300 mm.
The key features of the 2830 ZT wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRF) wafer analyzer are:
- It features groundbreaking ZETA technology which eliminates the effects of X-ray tube aging. All through the tube’s lifetime this new tube performance is maintained and along with high sensitivity, ZETA technology ensures that rapid analysis and short measurement times are upheld. ZETA technology robustly minimizes the need for drift correction and recalibration, which increases productivity and uptime of the instrument.
- Conventional X-ray tubes suffer tungsten evaporation that cause deposits in the tube’s beryllium window. Instrumentation that makes use of X-ray tubes need regular drift correction to compensate for decreasing intensity, especially for light elements.
- The 2830 ZT is supplied with PANalytical’s advanced SuperQ software, which includes FP Multi, the software package especially designed for multi-layer analysis. The software’s user interface makes sure that even inexperienced operators can carry out fully automated fundamental parameter analysis of multi-layers.
- The SuperQ software has an extensive range of easy-to-use modules designed for flexible operation by researchers and engineers. Switching between recipes is convenient as is adjusting equipment parameters to suit user preferences.
- The FALMO-2G easily combines into any lab or fab from simple manual carrier loading to complete automation. A completely flexible design enables the fab manager to choose from FOUP, SMIF or open cassette load ports, with either a single or dual load port configuration.
- GEM300 compliant software support the various configurations.
- The footprint of the FALMO-2G has been reduced without compromising flexibility, functionality and reliability.
Key specifications and options
|Wafers of 100 - 300 mm by direct loading
||SST-mAX50, tapered nose, end-window tube
||Scintillation with 300 µm Be window
||Ambient temperature 18 - 25 °C (64 - 77 °F)
|Maximum wafer or sample thickness 2.5 mm
||Measurement spot size 40 and 10 mm
||SEMI S2/S8 compliant
|FOUP, SMIF, open cassette and manual loading
||Full SECS/GEM compliant
|Troughput up to 25 wafers per hour
||Scanner 10 º-100 º 2θ
||Up to 24 detectors
The applications of the 2830ZT are:
- Analysis of aluminium copper films
- Analysis of Si1-xGex films
- Analysis of barium strontium titanate
- Simultaneous analysis of Cu/TaN stacks
- Analysis of tungsten films