The Epsilon 1 from PANalytical is designed to be the most powerful benchtop XRF spectrometer in its class. It is a fully integrated, compact, energy dispersive XRF analyzer with a spectrometer, built-in computer and touch screen. ‘Out of the box’ and pre-calibrated analytical solutions are provided for many elemental analysis applications.
Epsilon 1 produces fast, cost-effective, precise and accurate data with minimal operator dependence and sample preparation. The total running cost is therefore relatively low when compared to other analytical techniques such as AAS, ICP and wet chemical methods.
Specific markets that need cost-effective analytical solutions (often for a small number of elements) are catered to by the Epsilon 1, and include the following:
- additives in lubricating oils in compliance with ASTM D6481
- easy and economical method for detecting sulfur in fuels, in compliance with ASTM D4294 and ISO 20847
- flexible and simple to use for research and education
- mining – quantifying ores and rocks
- pharamceutical catalysts and be rapidly and easily quantified
- Calcium, iron, potassium and zinc can be analyzed in milk powder
In a recent press release Pieter de Groot, PANalytical Corporate Marketing Director spoke about the Epsilon 1:
“The Epsilon 1 is designed to offer the most accessible high performance XRF system available. This total solution package offers high quality and flexible analysis, making it equally suited for both use in research projects and teaching. Designed with operational ease of use in mind the Epsilon 1 offers easily accessible pre-calibrated EDXRF analysis to a range of users, from experienced X-ray fluorescence specialists through to college and university students completely unfamiliar with the technique.